Doodlebug Minibike Performance Jackshaft Upgrade Video

Have had allot of interest in the Bolt on Jackshaft Install Kits and a few request to see a video of how it can change the performance of the 2.8hp engine. So I put a little video on youtube for those who are interested.
So far we have had nothing but happy customers and allot of smiling kids after this kit was installed. The kit does not turn the DB into a tire shredin wheely popin machine. But instead gives it performance more in tune with the old school Mini Bikes it was designed after keeping it safe within it's braking and handling capability. A great upgrade for kids!

YouTube - Doodlebug Performance Jackshaft Kit

AMEN...........:bowdown: We have one of these on our DB and my daughters love it.. The 6.5 upgrade was going to be too much for them (6 and 8 yrs old). That will be a little more down the road. The DB is MUCH better now with the ProMod Jackshaft... (Even with me on it... :thumbsup: )

cxbra

Im sorry, but that hillclimb @ 1:05 was soo weak. My 100% stock DB hits top speed going up 20 degree inclines. Also, it sounded like you guys were either at half throttle with the stock bike, or its running pig rich or worse, it still might have the speed regulator installed...

Im not dis-crediting your jackshaft, that thing looks super good and a very quality product (I like how you retain the stock cover), I just dis-credit the stock bike you were comparing it to (from my experiences).

Do you weigh 220lbs? And to set things straight. Both the doodlebugs had the exact same carb jetting and there limiter screws backed completely out.
In the hill climb test it's hard to actualy see the amount of grade with the camera. Both bikes were starting on a grade as they came by the camera. Trying to start out on any amount of a grade with a stock geared doodle at 220lbs will produce what you see.
I would suggest asking some of the members who have actualy installed these on there bikes if this is bull. Maybe this will let you form an honest opinion. Oh and thanks for the negative remark on youtube also.:thumbsup:

The ProMod jackshaft works wonders

I can vouch for ProMod's jackshaft kit 100%, and yes I weigh 220lbs also. The video does accurately depict the much better performance on the 'Bug with the jackshaft kit installed. Great job ProMod!!

I have the jackshaft for the 6.5 hp engine now the things a torque master.if I want more speed less torque witch gears would go which on the jackshaft?

gbabins1

I just reread your post... you want more speed instead of torque... you could flip the outside sprocket on the jackshaft with the inner sprocket (no money spent there) Punch the numbers into the calculator to see the final ratio.

gbabins1

I'm not sure of your set up. Can you post a picture? Or count the teeth on your sprockets. The calculator link I sent "J/S in" is referring to the one that the clutch is tied to directly.

Are these kits still available? I don't see myself putting a predator on anytime soon and just tool around my sub with the stock 2.8. Just looking to pep it up a little.

I got my kit today and installed it. Shouldn't the bike roll free when you just push it along without it running. Mine feels like the clutch is engaged and you can feel it move the piston. When I start it it does not move when idling and when I give it gas it goes but then starts stuttering and backfiring. It ran perfect before I put this on so I'm pretty surprised. Also, anyone have any recommendation for a spring chain tensioner with this??? My bike throws the chain off the rear sprocket if I don't have a spring tensioner installed.