Doodlebug tire?

Dad81

What is the best replacement tire for the money for a doodlebug mini bike? 145-70-6

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What is your riding terrain , The first one Bandit posted is not bad and economical too , also Tractor Supply stocks them too ! Is it for front or back ? I followed some advise of others and just put a Carlisle 15" X-Trac on the back of mine and its pretty bad ass IMO :thumbsup:

I have a snowhog on the back of one with a stock tire on front. Another with an xtrac on the back with a snowhog up front. Another with stock motovox tires front and rear. In my opinion the xtracs and snow hogs wear well. The stock tires are ok. Avoid the Kendra scorpions and a cheap ebay stock size tire. The cheap ebay tire wore out in a week. The scorpions require 3.6lbs of air. They wore well but no sidewall strength and get squirrely at speeds over 40

Camjamsdad is right those cheap bastards will wear out in a couple hours literally ! Wait I was the cheap S.O.B. that bought one ?:doah:

Dad81

Thanks guys. It's for my kids they are all small and ride it in dirt and grass. I need a rear tire. Just didn't want to spend much money if I didn't need to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm having some issues with my phone and ebay. 15 5 6 is the size. Power motor sports, which is really Summit Racing, is the seller. The price was between $20. to $25. Delivered.

Easy if you do it right , one side will pop on rim easy , after that take 2 large c clamps about 5-6" apart and squeeze the tire down and you'll be able to work it on with a couple big screwdrivers , put dish soap around bead too , also before all this remove sprocket and rotor and clamp wheel hub in large vise , or make sure you have an extra set of hands to help !

Get the tire on the rim, and then have someone push down on it while it is airing up. Once the bead catches, it's easy. I did use a lot of four letter words when I did it, but my second tire was much easier. Once you figure it out, you'll be a lot quicker. And you'll love the tires!

GustoGuy

Get the tire on the rim, and then have someone push down on it while it is airing up. Once the bead catches, it's easy. I did use a lot of four letter words when I did it, but my second tire was much easier. Once you figure it out, you'll be a lot quicker. And you'll love the tires!
I just ordered a 15x5x6:Snowhog and it should be delivered tomorrow. My original 2007 tire is almost bald and has a slow air leak and is flat darn near every time I want to ride. I hear the snowhog is a great replacement tire and better than the original

Last edited:

GustoGuy

I just had my Snow Hog 15x5x6 tire installed. As you can see it is almost an inch taller than the old tire which was quite worn. This should mean a little bit higher top speed than with the original tire.

I did a measurment and the new tire is about .9 of an inch taller than the old tire which calculates to 11% taller so my actual speed should increase by at least 3 to 4 mph faster at full throttle than the stock tire.

Last edited: