drilled jets on Predator now wont start!

I have a few bikes that I have within this week put predators on and one of them is on a mini chopper frame that didn't have room for their cleaner or muffler so it has a straight header and open air cleaner I rode it and is felt like it was missing and pulsing I assumed it was lean so I drilled out the jets and now it won't start..any ideas?

TomH

Depends on how long and hard you rode it after you took everything off. It would be running hot and lean. Could have burned a piston or a valve and the damage was done before you re jetted sorry to say. Might take a look at the plug, if it is original, they don't last long, they are junk.

I didn't run it hard at all because it really wouldn't go anywhere and it started fine after that when I was trying to tune. Is it possible I drilled out the jets too big?

TomH

TomH

A wet plug will tell the tale.:laugh: I would still get a new plug first thing. Mixture could still be ok, but the original plug is weak. You can do nothing to the engine but change the plug on those things and you can tell the difference immediately. If there is a hole in the gasket going to the engine, not sure on that one, make sure that lines up with the hole on the carb. When I put a new plug in mine, I could run it and it was fine, shut it off and roll to a stop, pull the plug and it looked good. Let it idle for 10 seconds and it would load up and wet the plug. Stuck that smaller jet in there and all is well.

Last edited:
Think just a plug would do it even though it started reliably before my "jet" job? Or should I replace the jets also? I guess I can start with the plug and go from there....thanks for the info.

Ya it was a new plug, the motor was brand new. Maybe 20 minutes on it with open carb and header it wouldn't accelerate that's why I drilled out the jets and now it won't even pop off, started great before