Drilling out jet on 2.8hp

Okay, I want to know what size drill bit should be used to drill out the main jet and the idle jet on the 2.8hp? And how it worked. :shrug:

You need a number drill set. Normally the main doesn't need to go bigger unless you are adding a header and intake.

Its the low speed that needs drilling to eliminate the "choke on/stall" symptom. .018 if i recall is what i drill mine to.

You can't find drill bits small enough at Lowes or home depot. You need to go online to a hobby shop. A 62 mm jet is good for the stock set up. You really won't need a bigger jet with your mods on the stock motor.I would guess that a 65 mm jet would be to fat.
Get the carb kit and your set. Or a 62 mm bit(it's a very very small bit). You will actually make a 63 or 64 mm hole with a 62 mm bit.
Also, what size bits are you talking? my set has sizes like: 1/8, 1/16, and so on. :scared:

Who sells the jet kit? I have read in several places that a member sells it but it is unclear who it is in the posts. Does the kit just come with a 62mm jet and carb gaskets?

Yeah I was PMing ddr and he gave me some guidance, he said that I should use a .62mm bit to drill out the main jet, and leave the idle jet alone. Also I found a drill bit index at Fastenal for $8.85 with sizes going from #60 to #80! Getting them tommorow, let you know how it works. I am also planning many more mods for my 2.8hp such as porting the heads and a real K&N air intake. :scooter:

Yeah I was PMing ddr and he gave me some guidance, he said that I should use a .62mm bit to drill out the main jet, and leave the idle jet alone. Also I found a drill bit index at Fastenal for $8.85 with sizes going from #60 to #80! Getting them tommorow, let you know how it works. I am also planning many more mods for my 2.8hp such as porting the heads and a real K&N air intake. :scooter:
Why waste your money on the real K&N intake when you can save that money and put it towards a 6.5 clone?
:doah:

As of today i have given up on the 2.8hp. I am just gonna drive the balls off of it until I can replace it with a briggs or a clone. I just took my Baja Heat (runs a 6.5hp clone) for a spin today after of letting it sit for atleast 3 months, and the 2.8hp just really seems pointless after that.

I had my Baja Heat doing a wheelie going 22mph on the GPS, and then had it up to 46mph!

I am done with that f:censure:ing 2.8hp! :thumbsup:

As of today i have given up on the 2.8hp. I am just gonna drive the balls off of it until I can replace it with a briggs or a clone. I just took my Baja Heat (runs a 6.5hp clone) for a spin today after of letting it sit for atleast 3 months, and the 2.8hp just really seems pointless after that.

I had my Baja Heat doing a wheelie going 22mph on the GPS, and then had it up to 46mph!

I am done with that f:censure:ing 2.8hp! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

FINALLY.