dune cycle

i was given a dune cycle in trade for some work, i have t put a new motor on the thing, and some fresh paint, going to try to stay with the original colors, keep it as original as possible, my question id how can i figure out what year and model dune cycle i have, and i will post pictures asap, thanks

Start by taking the rear differential apart and making sure the gears are ok. Grease them and put it back together with new bearings. Randy

Hello and welcome joshtayloe82 from the things I see I would replace the torque converter system with a new Comet 30 series driver and driven sections . The ones on your trike look in bad shape and as this is the parts that make the trike enjoyable and a smooth ride they must function properly at all times. The driven half looks to be a Fairbanks Morris and not original to the dune cycle. If you keep the HP down the best all around tires for play are what we call flat trackers they come in different diameters an widths all these effect taxable horse power. And using band brakes they have their effective limits. Here to help and the Comet parts are also found here in the www.ombwharehouse.com
Steve :scooter:

anyone know where i can find lug studs for my dune cycle, i have checked at auto parts stores and the ones they have are the right size but the part that presses into the hub is too long

You might try using a grade 8 bolt from the back side of the plate ans centering up the wheel and spot welding the bolt head to the back of the 4 bolt plate. They did use a very thin plate for the axle end.
Steve :scooter:

very good idea, i should have thought of that, a whole lot cheaper too, i had went to o'riellys and they wanted 8 bucks for the stud and lug nut and the shoulder was too long :thumbsup:

I bought 8 new ones with chrome lug nuts at oriellys for right at 20 bucks. I just measure the nurrow with a caliper and picked out some they had and they pressed right in. I also used 1/2'' instead of the smaller size it had.:thumbsup: