Engine Break in on LB50? Help!

Hey guys!

So I am freakishly close to completion of my Yamaha Chappy rebuild project. Everything has been painted and its looking sharp.

Now for the fun stuff..
I ordered this kit from treatland.tv for the chappy:
https://www.treatland.tv/yamaha-chappy-polini-70cc-45mm-cylinder-p/yamaha-polini-70cc-kit-chappy.htm

I have no idea what to do when it comes to breaking it in.

New Engine Break-in Procedure

However, I did find this wonderful article online.. is this the route I should take?

running stock 19mm mikuni, intake, exhaust.. with the plan to upgrade this summer.

Also have no idea what my jets should be.. one is for more oil, one is for more fuel?

ANY help is MUCH appreciated!!!
Thank you!!

Follow the break in procedure that is in the article you found. I have used it many times and gotten excellent results. As for your jets, I'm not familiar with this motor. Two strokes are more finicky on jetting than four strokes. If it is a two stroke, try taking the main jet up one size from stock( in the carb you have). This at least will help ensure that you have a rich rough mixture to not hurt the motor. The jet flows both fuel and oil. The oil ratio is strictly determined by what you premix the fuel at. As a side note, for a given jet size, more oil premixed will lean the fuel out at the carb, less oil richens the fuel at the carb. That can be used to fine tune. Your mostly concerned changing jet sizes and needle position. Good luck:thumbsup: