Engine used to hit 7500, sat for the winter, now just revs 4500~.

I haven't the slightest idea why... I was able to turn 7500 on a regular clutch last year and hit 55mph. Ive since taken it apart and cleaned it up, put it back together and it runs fine. Revving without load, it sounds way lower rpm than it used to, and I can only hit 39mph with similar gearing on a torque converter.

Anyone got any ideas? Flywheel key? Could case venting be an issue? I was also thinking my cam but I havent changed it from stock and it pulled some rpms before anyway.. Can springs go bad from a winter of sitting installed in a head?

I guess its where everyone who street races around here goes.. its in the middle of nowhere and its perfectly flat, and painted strips for 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Tire marks all over the other end.

Thanks, changed it over the past month. heres the bike now:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I agree
Take that torque converter off and try the stock clutch again and see what happens. The TC may be slipping way to much, but probably feel like it's shooting off the line good.

I guess its where everyone who street races around here goes.. its in the middle of nowhere and its perfectly flat, and painted strips for 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Tire marks all over the other end.

Thanks, changed it over the past month. heres the bike now:

We have some nice Aluminium Curved Manifolds for the 22mm Mikuni you should try out.

GX200 Tuning Store UK
GX160 & GX200 Honda Tuning Store UK - Home

My dad bought it from a bicycle shop for use on his bike but bought a different one since then.

It can use a tire circumference from 100cm and up. the 13" tire is just about exactly 100cm. (103cm actually)

Its a cateye brand speedometer.

thanks. :)

Ill have some quality video tomorrow. Got 57.2mph on gps and 57.3mph on speedometer today. New clutch comes tomorrow, should go 65+... Changing my oil, getting a new valve cover with a pulse fitting and breather fitting, and ill be set to go.

rain cancelled the riding for the video but I got my new clutch from bmi.

Ordered a max torque clutch and a 15t sprocket for a max torque clutch. guess theyre different because the two arent interchangable. I had to grind off all those tabs where the lock ring holds the sprocket on and then grind down some of the sprocket itself. I threw the bell back on, put the sprocket over top of it, and pressed it into the hole of the old one, now wide enough to fit the new one. tacked it around 8 times and then hit it on high and it spins true round and works great. Probably should have just ordered the clutch with 15t for $12 more but I figured this would be an easy swap and it ended up taking an hour.

Riding videos probably tomorrow if this thunderstorm goes away..