ever see a shop lifter in action?

jessez

so i am a delivery guy for a living, today while servicing an account i see a guy about 25-30 running out of my customers (big box chain store). with employee in tow, they can not touch them and must stop persueing at property bounderies stupid lawyers :thefinger:.

i ask the guy do you want me to grab him...... then decide better of it. i told him i would follow the dirt bag in my work truck and get his plate numbers and call the cops. all the time the theif is running about 4 miles an hour :eek:ut:

i pull up next to him and ask "hey bro how far are you planning on running because i have a full tank of gas" i found this funny the slime ball did not. he was dead tired after running a full 200 yards at the break neck speed. smoker by the way. i told him just give the stuff back and i wouldnt call the cops. it turned out to be vinayl records. so my customers got there stuff back and that guy got clowned on it was all good

my buddy and i saw some guy come running out of a used record store one day. he had a 3 employees right behind him. he ran across the street right when a cop was going by so he ended up getting him.

i've also seen people do grab and runs with alcohol at grocery stores quite a bit (we used to hang out in parking lots a lot back in the day). i've seen some get caught and many get away.

if someone tries that kind of stuff at my work they're most likely getting hurt if they get caught.

We have people steal from my work place all the time and they dont really run away as much as just drive or walk home.
Of course my work place being a city and our stuff laying all over the place with virtually no cops things are bound to come up missing.

When scrap was worth something we had a group of guys stealing manhole covers and storm drain grates but they got caught.

jessez

yeah when i worked in a grocery store as a kid the loss prevention loved to do nothing more than tackel dirt bags in the parking lot and give them to the cops all scraped to hell. that wasnt long ago but now, there would be a lawyer waiting at the jail to take his case up to sue store x

When I was a kid I worked as a sacker at a grocery store and saw many! I did nothing because they were stealing food, I figured they must have needed it if they were willing to go to jail behind stealing some damn food! I had a car audio shop in the 90s and caught a guy putting a pair of 6x9s in his kid's stroller, locked him in with the electromagnet and called the cops he begged me to let him out but I did'nt and he went to jail! His old lady was in the car and the cops let her leave with the kid! He got probation, I had to go to court to prosecute him! He was taking the food out of my kids mouth as far as I was concerned!

I had a young man steal a Horstman go kart clutch from my store while my Mom was tending the store, they tricked her into going out of the room. Well I found out where they rode their kart a few miles away.
Well I went with my Brother in Law to where the guy was riding and didn't say why I knocked the punk out one punch, and then proceeded to bend the frame of his kart by jumping on the seat and broke the engine a nice little McCulloch off the engine mount so he could have the clutch. I was a mean little cuss if you crossed in those days, but now I am a pussy cat but don't steal from me.
Steve :scooter:

When I was a kid I worked as a sacker at a grocery store and saw many! I did nothing because they were stealing food, I figured they must have needed it if they were willing to go to jail behind stealing some damn food! I had a car audio shop in the 90s and caught a guy putting a pair of 6x9s in his kid's stroller, locked him in with the electromagnet and called the cops he begged me to let him out but I did'nt and he went to jail! His old lady was in the car and the cops let her leave with the kid! He got probation, I had to go to court to prosecute him! He was taking the food out of my kids mouth as far as I was concerned!
legally you are making the arrest so you have to go to court, same goes to any one, you could as a citizen just be shopping at a store and see someone take something and leave the store and arrest him your self if the manager wants to prosecute then good job if not they just get let go... kind of sucks, but you had some fun.

i was at a store and saw a kid stuffing gatoraid into his pants, id told him ill just buy them for you and he walked off quickly saying what are you talking about, so i walked to one of the kids working cause i know him and told him and he said "yah oh well its not my stuff."

jeep4me

When I worked nights I would go to our local super store after work and just walk around for an hour or so to unwind. After a couple of weeks of doing that, I learned who the undercover security was. So i started messing with them. Acting like I was taking stuff or going to take things (I never actually did). They would hide at the ends of isles peeking at me through stuffed animal displays. It was pretty messed up but alot of fun.

When I was a kid about 10 or 12 or so I used to hang out at the local convenient store and play video games. One day I saw a guy stuffing his jacket with a bunch of medicine? aspirin? I don't know what it was but he was for sure stealing. I told the store owner and he called the cops. They pressed charges and I had to go to court to testify, got out of school that day too.

Shop lifting pisses me off !! I'd report them every time ....I've seen lots of stuff like that working all over like I do . but the most screwed up thing I seen was like 20 years ago in Modesto California this young Hispanic guy runs out of the Liquor store and as he was sprinting across the parking lot he shoves the gun down his pants .......I hear a muffled gun shot then this kid goes down hard....At first I thought the owner shot the kid .....but it ended up the gun went off in the kids pants.....I'm thinking that's instant KARMA .....It didn't kill the kid but I'm sure he won't breed ....:doah:

Shop lifting pisses me off !! I'd report them every time ....I've seen lots of stuff like that working all over like I do . but the most screwed up thing I seen was like 20 years ago in Modesto California this young Hispanic guy runs out of the Liquor store and as he was sprinting across the parking lot he shoves the gun down his pants .......I hear a muffled gun shot then this kid goes down hard....At first I thought the owner shot the kid .....but it ended up the gun went off in the kids pants.....I'm thinking that's instant KARMA .....It didn't kill the kid but I'm sure he won't breed ....:doah:
Good! Gangsters breed and reproduce more gangsters.

when i was 16, me and 2 friends went to a local mall. we decided to try and steal some stuff. i put a pair of silk boxers down my pants:doah:, dont remember what the other 2 got. we start to walk out and there was 2 security gaurds walking towards us near the exit. they grabbed us and brought us to the security office, they played the survalnce tape of use stealing. we looked so stupid. they let me and 1 of my friends go because we were only 16, they kept my other friend because he was 17 (adult in MASS.) my friends mom picked us up, when i got home they called my house and left a message for my mom to let her know what happend. so i flipped the tape. the next day my mom asks me why is there messages from last year on the tape. i shrugged my shoulders "i dont know" never stole again. i still tell people about this story, especially how stupid we looked on the tape.:doah: young and dumb!

I'm a low voltage electrician and most of the work that i do is security cameras, Just had finished up a 150 camera job at a BIG BOX STORE me and the foreman were standing there with the in store Loss Prevention Manager, the District L.P.M. and the Regional L.P.M. going over the camera shots and it was going fine until the DLPM notices the stores Asst Manager was at the register pocketing money.
the LP guys went nuts :doah:it was funny as HELL! She got busted and I got 4 hours of overtime

How the hell did you end up in Modesto? Went to visit George Lucas?