explorer trike..... help!!!!!!

13bleed

i recently bought an explorer trike and am in need of a place to purchace a jack shaft and a new belt. it did not come with either. i don't know alot about trikes, but would love to get it running. if anybody can help i would greatly appreciate it!!! thanks!!

I sent you a PM also. mfgsupply or BMI ? Does anyone have a good source for belts? When I was buying them over the winter. Most of the sites I went to were out of stock or out of business altogether. Just hadn't updated their websites in years. Randy

Yours may not be the same. I use a 7" driven. You may be using a 6" your engine may mount differently.... I would get the jackshaft and driven mounted then the motor and driver clutch on. Move the engine all the way forward and take a measurement and then move it backward and take another measurement. Then see which belts will work and are available. Buy a couple because they are getting harder to find. Randy

13bleed

ok i will try that. i have an old 8 hp that im putting on it. the jackshaft came with it but was broke in two and bent and all mangeled. a 30 series belt?

You need to get the driven and driver torque converter clutches. I would go with a 30 series torque converter. Unless you have something lying around already?

13bleed

yes it came with them i will check them out and let ya know what i find out. thanks for you're help so far i'm sure i'll need more!!!

Check to see if they are 20 or 30 series... Also I would suggest taking apart the rear differential and cleaning out the old dried grease and re-greasing the gears. I have had some that I got that were so dried it was like hardened dirt and not grease at all inside. If you do not want to take it all apart.At least pull out one of the bolts that goes through and holds on the sprocket to see if it has grease or something bad going on inside. Stick a Q-tip in to test whats in there. I like to take them all apart though so I know for sure.Even though it also means that I have to replace the bearings and anything else I may break taking it apart... lol Randy