fast aggie 97

The 15X6-6 tire and wheel did not go in without modification to the frame! So out came the oxygen acetylene torch. Once it was in I lost a little torque but had better top end! Around 45MPH! The quest for speed has begun!

I ride with a Denver mini bike group, and it's pretty quick but I want more torque and top end! Off came the carb! Some jetting and some secrets produced better throttle response! I knew that a smaller sprocket would get a little more. On went a 37 tooth sprocket! Off the line was slow and max torque clutch didn't like it. After 4 days of riding to work and back I lost the clutch! It did achieve 52 MPH governed! New clutch and a 45 tooth sprocket so top speed is between 45 and 52 MPH while still having torque off the line!

Since it has the original scrub brake stopping faster is a must! So disc brakes are on my mind! I picked up an X-7 pocket bike wheel with a disc from a friend in the Denver group. It was kinda beat up. I want The Aggie 97 to look good, so I then picked up some sandpaper and polishing stuff. Being an amateur at aluminum polishing I think it looks good! I then taped off the shiny stuff and painted flat black. Once it was on the bike it was time to figure out a bracket to hold my caliper! I had an old go ped and robbed the caliper bracket, traced it onto some 1/4" plate and cut 2 out. An hour or so later It was time to weld. The brake worked well so it was ready for paint!

Attachments

I have 54, 45, 37, 33, 28, 25 and 24 tooth sprockets! I plan on using torque converter. I think with the tav, I could go with a smaller sprocket and still have low end power! I want to get as quick and fast as possible with the governor installed. I also plan on building a nasty little hemi predator for it! Rear disc brakes are in the works right now!