favorite seasoning?

gbones

whats your favorite seasoning to put on food? i cant live without Tony Chachere's. i first heard of it when i lived in texas 3 yrs ago, now im in R.I. and only 1 store that i know of carries it and thats in Mass. only 5 min from my house. if you havent heard of it then check out the website tonychachere.com

Last edited:
Fried chicken is one of my specialities, I can make 20 pieces and it will all be gone quick. Everyone that visits on chicken night, usually can't help but ask , Can I have a piece?!!!
I've only found the breading at the place that I buy my chicken, It's called CHICKEN ON THE RUN, and it's the bomb!!! Of coarse I kind of spice it up with different spices, but usually, it only salt, peper, garlic, onion powder, and season salt. Now if you wanted a side dish, to go with the chicken, that would be my grandma's homemade;BAKED MAC & CHEESE, of coarse she's not around anymore but she did teach me very young how to make it. It took awhile, after I grew up to get it right, but I've got it to a science now, and it is great, and not hard to make!!! I'm constantly asked to make it for most of the holiday get togethers, and my kids would eat it every other night, if I'd let them, but it is very fattening.
dave

I have to say Tony's is my favorite too. I've used it on ribs, steaks, pork chops, chicken, venison,and goat.You can even sprinkle a little in a chef's salad. Pretty good stuff. Anything you can burn on a grill will be better with Tony's.

65ShelbyClone

Garlic salt and Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce on steaks. Throw that over a charcoal fire with some mesquite chips and it doesn't get much better.

While more a condiment than a seasoning, Sriracha chili sauce made by Huy Fong Foods is to die for. So is the Jamaica Me Sweet, Hot N Crazy sauce from Johhny's Fine Foods.

I'm going to have to look for that Tony's creole seasoning. I have never seen it here before.