Finally finished Bad Dog Drag Bike

We'll it's been a long time coming but, I am finally almost done with this drag bike project. All I have left is the chain guard and it's done. What ya think?

By johniew at 2011-04-04

looks good. put up a shot of the chain roller. i want to see what you came up with. i had to do the same thing on my bad dog pit bike as well. robin was in total denial that this needed to be done to make it work with a honda/clone motor. did you tab the rear axle like that? or is that how it came? mine uses the azusa tabs, not this style.

looks good. put up a shot of the chain roller. i want to see what you came up with. i had to do the same thing on my bad dog pit bike as well. robin was in total denial that this needed to be done to make it work with a honda/clone motor. did you tab the rear axle like that? or is that how it came? mine uses the azusa tabs, not this style.
Yes I made the rear tabs because I thought the ones that came on it were cheezzy. The chain roller is just a 1/2" shoulder bolt welded on and some spacers to center the chain. There is no part of this mini that I did not cut apart and tweak to some extent. really needs to be live axle and disc brake to be spot on. Was still easier than cutting up a classic and re doing it. Yeah Robin lacks a little in the people skills too. He accused me of not knowing what I was doing about cutting the wheel spacers for the bike out of the supplied 6" of material.2 spacers 2 3/4 for the front = 5 1/2 " now how does that 1/2" cover the 3 spacers for the rear? DUH!!

looking really sweet johnnie! is that a damper device to help hold the wheel str8?
how does it run?
Yeah Lou I made it from an air cylinder and 2 flow control valves. I rode it before and it wobbled a bit so this should help. Now I got to put my car together too before Drag Night!!

zeeman

Very nice job. I'm not sure going fast that low to the ground is my thing, but it sure looks good. Do you plan to race it?

Looks real good Johnnie. With all of the minibikes built just for Dragnight I think Scott's gonna have to start the program a lot earlier.
See you at Dragnight.

Gavin