Finally got myself a motorcycle

Surprisingly I've never owned an actual motorcycle. About a week or so ago a guy I know at one of the suppliers I pick up parts at asked me if I knew anyone interested in an old Yamaha. I asked how much? He told me for you $100. He stopped riding it when he had kids. He said it ran fine when he parked it last but needs a new fuel pet cock, it is missing the small side covers and probably needs a good carb cleaning. I couldn't pass it up for the price.

It's a 1977 Yamaha XS360.

Great deal!.........Get it running right, check it out and make sure everythings in good working order/safe, use it as a good beginner street bike or flip it and make some coin...........:thumbsup:.............Tom.

Surprisingly I've never owned an actual motorcycle...
That's a good looking bike and a great deal. :thumbsup:

I've always liked those XS Yamahas. A woman I know raced one in our local indoor flat track series last winter. She did pretty well on it. Then she let a friend race it late in the season. Another guy took him out and just smashed the heck out of that cool metal flake fuel tank. Everyone felt bad about it.

KG5HP

Nice score, check the date codes on the tires and replace if over 5 years old.:thumbsup:
and check the brake shoes too, make sure there haven't come apart.

Last edited:
Good job on killing your paycheck :laugh:

Its gonna need a complete rebuild on the carbs.

The brakes and tires should replaced.

The fuse panel should also replaced with a modern fuse panel.

I would also advise you to sign up over at xjbikes.com