First smooth night w/ "Sally"

cxbra

So, I just got done w/ my first smooth night w/ my Bonanza. The first two, I took her way out far, just to get stuck both times. At first I was thinking it was problems w/ my carb (pulsa-jet 5hp Briggs carb). It was weird stuff like going +1/2 throttle for a few minutes and it would get lean out of nowhere and die. I officially solved the problem though. The gas cap was not vented well, causing super-low suction from the tank. The cap had a small hole in it that was gunked shut. 5 seconds and a power drill later, the smoothest running.. easiest starting bike ever! Hot or cold, one pull..

So far i've made a velocity stack type intake (w/ filter) for her that she loves (you hear the air whistling when you start it :thumbsup:), a nice oil change, a lube all over and carbed out on the rich side, its hot out here in the desert. Pretty much done w/ the tune-up stage, next mods..

1.Tiny Tach!
2.taller road tires (I'd rather not abuse her offroad, and more speed for top end)
3.Carb w/ high and low speed adjustment (tho, im really liking the durable feel of the pulsa-jet), not to mention it will start in any condition.

I was gettin scared for a minute that I needed a carb rebuild, but the carb is great.. just remember kids, vent those gas caps!