First trike

Started working on getting it back together. Built a new seat frame. Beefed it up a bit with heavier angle iron on the rails as well as the front. Changed the look of the front. I like this better. Can always change it to original look if needed. Just need to drill holes for grommets and cut a plywood base and back. May move the front bolts back so they’re less conspicuous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice solid design! I have a Montgomery wards trike needing the same repair. One of these days when I get around to that project, I may have to refer back to your pic and design. Very helpful

Thanks all, had some guidance from a friend on another Facebook group. Installed the plywood seat and back. Not sure I’ve made the back tall enough, may change that. An old friend with an upholstery company has offered to do the upholstery. Waiting for cables to get it going, before it gets torn back down again.

Last edited:
Still haven’t actually decided on an engine. Keep trying different ones on. The engine in the previous pic is an 8 3/4hp Briggs. Still thinking I may go with a 13hp electric start.

Still haven’t actually decided on an engine. Keep trying different ones on. The engine in the previous pic is an 8 3/4hp Briggs. Still thinking I may go with a 13hp electric start.

I went with a 13hp predator and 40 series torque converter on a trike very similar to yours. It is a lot of fun to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awe nuts. Lol. I’ll have to keep my eye out. At one point I was thinking V-Twin Briggs, around 22hp. At lest it would appear the diffs hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

I’m on the look out for another trike around here. You guys look like your having way too much fun racing. Either a buddy buys one or I get another.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes