Found a Tote Gote in so. AZ

Hi all. I found a nice Tote Gote at a neighbors yard sale yesterday. Cheap enough I had to buy it. Weathered, mostly complete, it looks like it was probably made around 1959-1960, since it has the very early frame design, but has straight handle bars, not curved.

I'd post a picture, but this forum is set up to make it difficult for newbies, or something.

Hello jforb427...welcome to the OldMiniBikes...!!

Yes, after 5 posts, the system realizes you are not a robot...:laugh:...and allows you to post pics.

Congrat's on your new Tote Gote...looking forward to seeing the pics.

Enjoy the site...!

Thanks! I guess I'll ask a few tech questions, to get my post count up.

(I'm not new at forums, I have 50k posts or so total on other forums over the years)

:thumbsup: Oh yeah, you are definitely a ways away. Welcome to the site. Tote Gotes are not real popular here, but there are a few of us, and once you get started on the machine, do up a thread with the word "Tote Gote" in it and the gote experts will be along to help if you need it. One of the nicest sub groups of folks on here.

Thanks. Maybe I'll start a thread under "projects"

I'm thinking this one needs to be restored to original, as much as possible...and then ridden around, as much as possible.

Welcome. This is a great site. :thumbsup: What other boards are you on to amass 50K posts? I follow a few motorcycle forums, but OldMiniBikes is always like coming home.

the HAMB, BangShift, Chief Delphi, etc.

I play with cars a lot. my web page has a few of them. There should be a link in my profile...and I put up a picture of the Gote there, too.

Welcome to the great OldMiniBikes. You must not tease the members here with single pictures. As we are interested in the mechanical things. A bunch of pictures of the bike, like a close up of the front brake , A lot of Tote Goats don't have front brakes and the drive side of the bike would be great . And I looked up where you call home and that should be great riding country.

Steve

Davis

Looks to be a vs model b should be a 3hp Briggs with a flo jet and your probably close on the year very nice find and way cool it still has the original schwinn front brake and looks to be intact.

Yes, it has the Deepco clutch. It's taken me a while to figure out how the model names work, and of course when I do find helpful info on the internets, it's generally in a post made by Richard Trotter :) thanks!

I printed that flyer last night.

Here are a few pics of the Deepco setup on my VS.

new09.jpg

new07.jpg

new04.jpg

Utah has a lot of great places to ride and explore it's no wonder Ralph Bonham made such a great bunch of machines and seemed to always kept looking to make them better. And Richard Trotter is a Utah rock solid enthused Tote Gote and always helpful to everyone.