Found my childhood mini bike!! what is it exactly?

10yrs ago we sold my mini bike cause it was hardly ridden. I thought it was time to sell. Ever since then i was regretting selling it, and have been checking Craigslist often, hoping to spot it for sale again...No luck :sad: But just a few weeks ago my dad spotted it at an auto swap meet, guys was asking $275. He texted me a pic of it saying i think i found our old mini bike, but he didn't pick it up cause he thought that was a bit high priced(we sold it for around $75 lol). Since i knew someone was trying to sell it, i put a wanted ad on Craigslist and about a week later i got a call! Some guy said his brother is the one selling it. Turns out it was the same guy that we sold it to 10yrs ago. it has mostly been sitting since he bought it from us, and he hasn't changed a thing! I ended up paying $250 for it, which i didn't think was too bad of a price. i just couldn't believe i was able to find the exact mini bike i had growing up(i'm 28 now). I am keeping it forever now, it is going no where. I plan to fully restore it.

I already bought a predator 212cc hemi and a stage one kit for it(exhaust/filter/new jets).

The question's that i have is, does anyone know the model and year this may have been made? I thought it was a Bonanza scout BC1000, but it doesn't have a number/badge plate on the front like most do. And also, the two jets that come with the stage one kit for the predator 212cc hemi, which jet will be best to use, and will the carb need to be retuned?(.036 and .037 jet). Is the jets easy to install?

also, one last thing. Would the steering have some kind of bushing in it? there is a bit of play in the steering as if it may be wobbled out a bit. not bad, but enough that id like to fix it.

Thanks for any help, or advice i appreciate it!!

Last edited:
Bonanza Scout..MB200 OR 250 ish The officials can probably tell you the year better than I can. I am limited knowledge of the Bonanza family. I would guess around a 68-69 ish due to the wheels on it.
That is an awesome story...glad to see you got it back.:thumbsup:

In my opinion he Predator I absolutely the wrong engine for this bike, you have an MB250 Scout which had a 2.5hp H25 Tecumseh from the factory. That Predator engine is too powerful to rely on a scrub brake and you will inevitably smack those nice unbent forks back due to too much speed and not enough brake. Also it will never be worth more than it is now even with an obviously later model and larger Tecumseh engine on it now. Your bike is a serious collectors item and although the engine will likely fit it's a poor choice and just a bad idea not to make that particular miniike as it should be. Also I cannot assure you it will clear the jackshaft mounts.

Great story and you got it back after all those years!! I agree with ACE, try and find an engine close to what it originally came with and clean it up:smile:

I hate to use the word rare but those bikes are few and far between, and they seldom come in that condition with a minibike specific Tecumseh engine on them. I'd ride it as is but if the urge to put that monster engine on it overtakes you please consider a clutch brake for your primary braking system and use a high quality chain. I had an MB250 Scout and sold it, it was rougher than yours but still brought good money because it is what it is.

Run the Predator. Use a clutch brake and keep the scrub brake as a back up. If its the original engine rebuild it for later to put on.

Run the Predator. Use a clutch brake and keep the scrub brake as a back up. If its the original engine rebuild it for later to put on.
i will be using a clutch brake, i am looking to purchase one off here shortly. And i may keep the Tecumseh and rebuild it. it runs great, but needs a carb kit, or new carb. it leaks. According to the serial number, i believe it is a 4.0hp. so it may not be the original.

I am going to use this predator motor, as i am not too concerned about keeping it all original. if it has problems fitting, i will cut the scrub brake mounts off. but i really dont plan to. I know most people think it should stay original, and i see why. But my plans are different. i want some more get up and go, and plan on keeping it forever. so im not worried about resale at all. im going to make it to my desires, and to me, it is still always going to be the same mini bike i had that i rode the crap out of up and down a "block long" rock alley at my dads...

george3

Dont you dare cut nothing off that bike. The engine will fit. Not a cool factor like a Tecumseh or the briggs but it is what you want. Also you dont need a clutch brake that mini bike also came with a drum brake. I have had them bikes with the scrub and the drum brake.

Dont you dare cut nothing off that bike. The engine will fit. Not a cool factor like a Tecumseh or the briggs but it is what you want. Also you dont need a clutch brake that mini bike also came with a drum brake. I have had them bikes with the scrub and the drum brake.
That's good to hear, i didnt want to do any cutting if i didnt have to. ive ordered alot of parts off this site so far lol, we'll see how the motor fits once they come in. main thing i was concerned about is how tall it is, and the location of the gas cap. Measurements show it will fit, but the cap may be a pain to get off..

george3

That's good to hear, i didnt want to do any cutting if i didnt have to. ive ordered alot of parts off this site so far lol, we'll see how the motor fits once they come in. main thing i was concerned about is how tall it is, and the location of the gas cap. Measurements show it will fit, but the cap may be a pain to get off..
What parts did you order?