Fox mini bike guys

I have been having trouble Trying to keep the back wheel chain tension on the snail adjusters..What is the proper orientation on the snail adjusters?? And is there a spacer between the 1.25x1/2 wheel bearings? Fox owners please chime in??/I flipped the snail adjusters for a test run...Subject is a 1971 Fox AM scrambler.

100_7278.JPG 100_7278.JPG
100_7283.JPG

Well after a test run I flipped them back...Chain loosened bigtime!..I guess I will have to stake the snail adjuster with a selftapper screw to hold the proper chain tension?Edit to add I have a 212cc predator on this and is a torque monster with the front end on the ground..lol

Folks, y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but those snail pieces are designed to push against some sort of stop, so it pushes your rear wheel rearward, and allows gradual adjustment. The fatter the snail on the stop, the further back the wheel gets pushed.

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see what the snails are pushing against ?

Folks, y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but those snail pieces are designed to push against some sort of stop, so it pushes your rear wheel rearward, and allows gradual adjustment. The fatter the snail on the stop, the further back the wheel gets pushed.

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see what the snails are pushing against ?
You are correct,The photo I posted the snail was not snugged up against the bend/fold of the swingarm yet.You can see on the bottom picture the blue arrow I sharpied on it hits the bend of the s/arm when rotated.I marked them because initially I thought the chain was stretching but then after a ride I could see where the snail rotated?I think I might make a new set of adjusters with small serrations on them to lock/hold them from rotating?I never had the originals to copy and made these up from various pictures on the web from other bikes.Some were smooth,Some had the serrations.I suppose I can take these off and hand file the serrations in them?

Last edited: