fox sundowner fork boots

i am looking for the rubber boots or gators for the front forks for a fox sundowner i have the internal forks springs looks like the boots should be about 5 inches long i am probably asking for something impossible but thought maybe someone here could help me or guide me in the right direction

only picture i have is from what i can find on the internet i havent been able to locate a pair and what i did have was crumbled into pieces they kinda look like a honda mini trail fork boot

These might be what you're looking for but I'm not sure what dimensions the Sundowner used. I had these fabricated for use on the Fox Campus bikes that I'm restoring but I can probably spare one pair. I live in Huntingdon (next town over from you). PM me with your phone # and I'll give you a call and maybe we can figure if these will work for you. Ogy

thank you for the reply i have a fox campus the fork boots on the campus are shorter i need atleast 5 inches in length i am wondering if fork boots from a z 50 would be close to what i need would you happen to know ? thanks again

thank you for the reply i have a fox campus the fork boots on the campus are shorter i need atleast 5 inches in length i am wondering if fork boots from a z 50 would be close to what i need would you happen to know ? thanks again
That is more than I can tell you. I'm not very familiar with other bikes like the Z50 and Sundowner. I specialize in the Fox Campus only. I've got about 15 of them that I'm restoring. Tell me a little bit about yours. Rideable? Condition? Need parts? What year? Ogy.

That is more than I can tell you. I'm not very familiar with other bikes like the Z50 and Sundowner. I specialize in the Fox Campus only. I've got about 15 of them that I'm restoring. Tell me a little bit about yours. Rideable? Condition? Need parts? What year? Ogy.
Thank you for the reply Mine is ugly UGLY i tore it apart about a year ago to not really restore but make look good redo i guess however after not being able to find needed parts i gave up and mine now sets in pieces in my basement it is missing things like fenders seat lights really all i have is a frame what really got me was the only set of fenders i could find would cost like 500 dollars and i cant spend that for fenders so it sets i have a roller and a motor so maybe one day i will put it together and just make something i can ride
Do you go to the mini bike reunion ? Jeff is a good friend last year was my first year back in many years and i am now hooked again .

markus

I think the z50 boot will work, They might be tight to fit on to the bottom but should be close enough to look decent. I have an Auranthetic electric minibike which uses the same Taiwan made forks as the fox pics that JPR posted, I have a z50 here as well, I'll post ups some comparison pics for you this evening after work.

there was a set of boots that looked like they would work that just ended on ebay, I was watching them and forgot to bid. I would have been outbid, they went for almost $40. Supposedly the early Gemini 2 stroke bike had these forks as well (auranthetic used Gemini supplier to make their bikes) the guy that has all the Gemini parts in CA does have one set of NOS boots I am told that is holding onto them maybe to make repops off of someday.

markus

Yeah Markus I'm the idiot who payed close to $50.00 to get them to my door:hammer:

Here they are

ha ha, honestly If I was hot an heavy on working on my auranthetic right now, I probably would have been right up there with you! I think they will fit pretty good, My bike weighs in a bit heavier than most due to 2 group 27 batteries and a large electric motor, so those boots might have looked a little saggy on my bike anyway as it squats pretty low.

Heres a comparasion of the boots on a z50.

I am actually pulling the z50 down with my hand but its not stressing the boot doing that. zip ties/clamps would keep them in place well. I keep meaning to buy a set to try, if they don't work I can just use them on the z50, my A.D.D. has been kicking in though and I have been playing with another bike:doah:

i saw those boots and really thought about bidding on them i am glad someone on here got them , i am going to the local honda dealer today and see if they can get me some honda z 50 fork boots ,the boots are the last thing i need to have this bike complete again . i need to have it done for windber

markus

what year is the z 50 that you are showing me there ? atleast if i knew a year i would no what boots to order to try
Mine is a 1969, but most all z50's used the same boots. I would get them off ebay. In fact I ordered some earlier today:smile: Their is an ebayer here just north of me in Tampa that probably has the best price out there. heres a link:

HONDA Z50 CT50 CT70 Z 50 CT 70 FORK RUBBERS OEM : eBay Motors (item 400112626989 end time Apr-30-10 13:54:44 PDT)

I have ordered stuff from her for some of the other z50's and trail 70's I had redone in the past. I ordered my set today from her so if you want to wait, I'll be the guinea pig and see how they fit (I have 2 sets of those forks disassembled right now so its easy to do when the boots show up)

I just bought a set off ebay yesterday for 15.00 shipped they are repops but if they dont work then i am only out 15.00. i am really hoping they work though as i really want this sundowner back to all there again this is my favorite out of all that i own ,

I have a new set of Z50 fork boots , I would sell for 15.00 shipped just like the ones in the picture pm me if you want them

Loveminibike, Do you still need a set of fenders? Last year I bought a Sundowner that was in sad, sad shape. However the only useable parts on the bike, were the front fender w/ bracket, and rear fender. so I bought it. You are more then welcome to them if you wish.....

jpr95 i dont need fenders for the sundowner what i am in need of fenders for is a fox campus i do appreciate you offering them up to me though but i would rather see someone that really needs sundowner fenders get them thank you