Freeking Ebay Again?

I heard they are raising the rates but even worse,,, they are going to kill negitive feedback! WTF!!!!!!!

Freekin idiots! I also heard there going to be a national boycot.

Hent

an email FWD I received.

Here's an e-mail I received about the boycott:

Join the eBay Boycott!!!

NO BUYING, NO SELLING on eBay from Feb 18-25 & Beyond! (if possible)

Ebay buyers and sellers are planning a boycott due to the new fee and policy changes coming soon.

On January 29th eBay announced they:

lowered their Insertion Fee by $.05-$.80 (depending on your starting price)
lowered some of the other "extras" (that most sellers don't even use anyway)
made Gallery free

BUT

INCREASED the Final Value Fee (FVF) from 5.25% to 8.75%, INCREASED the Reserve Fee from $1.00 to $2.00 and made it NON-REFUNDABLE (used to be refundable if your reserve price was met)
INCREASED the FVF on stores from 10% to 12%
Is taking away the seller's right to leave neutral or negative feedback to buyers who deserve it (buyers will only be able to receive positive feedback when the new policy goes into effect)
will implement the "best match" feature which will effect sellers with low DSRs/Feedback ratings making their items difficult to find.

AND

PayPal WILL HOLD payment funds until either the buyer has left positive Feedback or 21 days have passed without a claim if they (PayPal) determine that the risk of dissatisfied buyers is high with you, the seller.

Per the new policy, "where it has been determined the risk of dissatisfied buyers is higher, PayPal may delay release of the payment funds to the seller until the buyer has left a positive feedback or 21 days have passed without a dispute, claim, chargeback or reversal filed on that transaction. To determine if a transaction may have a higher risk of dissatisfied buyers, eBay reports to PayPal a number of factors, including but not limited to:
Seller's % Positive Feedback in the last 30 days
Seller's Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 30 days
Final price for the item
Shipping & handling fee
Seller's eBay tenure as an eBay member
Seller's total number of Feedback"

For more information/details of the upcoming boycott, please click on the link below which will take you to the discussion board about it.

eBay Forums: SIGN THE PLEDGE _ NO SALES FEB 18-25! ...

Also, check out these U-Tube videos which will sum it up nicely.

YouTube - EBAY STRIKE BOYCOTT BAN Feb. 18 - 25 & BEYOND

YouTube - Feb 18-25th 2008: Worldwide Ebay Strike

YouTube - EBAY MSNB CBS AOL YAHOO GOOGLE MSNBC ALTA VISTA OUTRAGE FEEDBACK

YouTube - EBAY DISASTER OUTRAGE CNN MSNBC CBS DATELINE ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT MONOPOLY FEEDBACK NBC ALTA VISTA GOOGLE YAHOO AOL

Please join in the boycott! No buying or selling the week of Feb. 18-25 (and beyond, if possible).

We're Not Gonna Take it Anymore!!!

Together As One!!!

Hope you join the boycott.

How in pity's sake are they NOT making money as it's currently run? This is just greed stepping in to get more loot. Yeah, everyone boycot them and I'll start my own version of e-bay.

did they go through with the no negative feedback thing?

i'm a power seller on there (i sell on ebay for my job) and i can still leave negatives even though they've lowered the listing fees.