Frijole Factory Colors?

I am thinking of changing the color of my Frijole. Right now it's bright red. What other colors did Steen paint their Frijole frames-at least, when they were offered as complete kits? I have seen the ads where the kit looked like bare metal-but I have seen restored Frijoles that claim to be the original purple, or blue, or whatever. The Steen Taco history does not really have much info on colors. Thanks for any info.

You're right, the kits were not painted-but apparently there were some kits that were sold complete with a 3 hp engine, and you just assembled it-already painted. If I am wrong, then what were the available colors of, say, a Taco 22? There seem to be a lot of purple ones around. What other colors were available?

You're right, the kits were not painted-but apparently there were some kits that were sold complete with a 3 hp engine, and you just assembled it-already painted. If I am wrong, then what were the available colors of, say, a Taco 22? There seem to be a lot of purple ones around. What other colors were available?
You can do a search on this like I did. lol, and I still don't know which "purple/blue/burple I'll use. :laugh:

My plan right now is to hit the paint shop and ask for "plum crazy" and have them add some extra $lue pearl.

Ed could tell us, but then he'd have to kill us without giving us enough time to convert the powder coat colors into a paint code. :wink:

Going by memory, I believe they came with a can of paint and had a few colors to choose from.

To me it's a plus when you can have a Taco/Steens bike and NOT be purple just to be able to have a variety. My bikes that CAME purple will be purple again, but if I can paint one a different color I do so that the lineup will have some diversity.

Going by memory, I believe they came with a can of paint and had a few colors to choose from.

To me it's a plus when you can have a Taco/Steens bike and NOT be purple just to be able to have a variety. My bikes that CAME purple will be purple again, but if I can paint one a different color I do so that the lineup will have some diversity.
There's a lot to be said for getting some diversity in that lineup. Even my wife notices a "red" hue to the line up, says I need some blue.

I used a paint code on another thread that was arrived at via spectramaster. It was set up as a VOC 3.5 (California) so they translated it to a higher VOC version. Dark as heck, almost black with purple highlights. So I guess I'll have a blackish Taco 99.