Fuel Starvation issues, Ideas or Fixes ??

Sixgun

I've bought three of these 212cc HF Predator engines. Repowered an old Troy Bilt Horse I tiller, a Front tine Tiller, and now an old Sears Suburban. Had nothing but good luck, but I'm having an issue...

When you are wheeling around the front tine tiller the engine is tilted, this will cause it to die in a couple seconds due to lack of fuel. Always fires right up again. Not the end of the world I suppose..

But with the Sears Suburban when making hard left turns the engine is prone to cut off, not right turns though.. Always fires right back up .

So it's obvious the engine's are dying from Fuel Starvation. Has anyone got any idea's on how to fix this issue? It happens quickly, suddenly, and FREQUENTLY. Very frustrating.

Sorry to be off topic w/ Minibike's and all but it seems there is a wealth of knowledge here in regards to these china bone motors.

oldfatguy

if that is indeed the case, then the only thing that will help is to mount the gas tank higher to increase the gravity feed of the fuel. you should also check the float levels to be sure that they are correct.

Sixgun

if that is indeed the case, then the only thing that will help is to mount the gas tank higher to increase the gravity feed of the fuel. you should also check the float levels to be sure that they are correct.
Carb in hand, bowl off.. How do I proceed to check the float level?

you could also put a fuel pump on it.
That would be nice... Is this common mod? More details?

oldfatguy

Carb in hand, bowl off.. How do I proceed to check the float level?

on most engines, with the bowl off and the carb held upside down the float should be parallel with the carb body. That's not the perfect way to do it but it is close enough to get it to run.

cxbra

Try disconnecting the low oil sensor, see if problem goes away......:scooter:
Oh wow, I would have never figured that into account! Im almost certain thats what my problem is. If my bike is tilted more than 30 degrees it will cut off also. Low oil cutoff would make sense though, definitely worth a shot! I checked my plug and it seems to have a good air/fuel burn so that must be my issue. :thumbsup::scooter:

toomanytoys

Oh wow, I would have never figured that into account! Im almost certain thats what my problem is. If my bike is tilted more than 30 degrees it will cut off also. Low oil cutoff would make sense though, definitely worth a shot! I checked my plug and it seems to have a good air/fuel burn so that must be my issue. :thumbsup::scooter:
report back,

I bet thats the ticket.

cxbra

That was the problem! I didnt even think about it because my previous engines already had them removed. Im so glad I stumbled on this post! The engine cutting out kept me from wanting to go offroad and I was baffled because my plug readings looked like it was running perfectly. Thanks a lot balljoint :thumbsup::scooter:

That was the problem! I didnt even think about it because my previous engines already had them removed. Im so glad I stumbled on this post! The engine cutting out kept me from wanting to go offroad and I was baffled because my plug readings looked like it was running perfectly. Thanks a lot balljoint :thumbsup::scooter:
Your welcome .:scooter: