Fuel Tank ID and Thread Info

mustangfrank

Would someone be kind enough to help me know if this tank is a certain type (off a certain mini bike, etc)? More importantly, what type of threads are on the bottom so I can find the correct fitting? Any suggestions?
Depends on the diameter, most of those type of tanks were OE engine manufacturers tanks that minibike manufacturers used. Probably standard 1/8" NPT but don't go by a forum picture, get yourself some calipers and some thread gauges, they're available cheap (plastic) if you look around.

Nice tank!

markus

Those tanks were made by Chilton, They were a universal tank. Few years back someone blew out a pallet of them for like 15 bucks a piece out of a closed Hardware store auction, Heres the thread I posted when I found them: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/steal-of-a-deal-round-tanks-14-99.105389/ they are later tanks than most of the mini bikes, Minibike world used them on the Flee's but they were built in 2000's and only produced like 200 bikes. Other than that they were more like a replacement tank for equipment for both fuel, hydro, and fogger systems

Outlet is standard 1/8" npt

Depends on the diameter, most of those type of tanks were OE engine manufacturers tanks that minibike manufacturers used. Probably standard 1/8" NPT but don't go by a forum picture, get yourself some calipers and some thread gauges, they're available cheap (plastic) if you look around.

Nice tank!
Thanks for replying. Does this measurement help?

Attachments

Those tanks were made by Chilton, They were a universal tank. Few years back someone blew out a pallet of them for like 15 bucks a piece out of a closed Hardware store auction, Heres the thread I posted when I found them: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/steal-of-a-deal-round-tanks-14-99.105389/ they are later tanks than most of the mini bikes, Minibike world used them on the Flee's but they were built in 2000's and only produced like 200 bikes. Other than that they were more like a replacement tank for equipment for both fuel, hydro, and fogger systems

Outlet is standard 1/8" npt
Thanks. Missed this reply before I posted the picture of the caliper measurement.