fuel tanks

Doc1976

so for those who make their own fuel tanks, where are you getting your weld in bungs and caps for the filler necks? I've found a few online but they seem expensive for the application. I need something in steel, not aluminum. I don't want to go the backyard mechanic route and glue on some brass fittings or anything like that. I was hoping someone here had a cheap source for these parts, but maybe I just need to get over it and drop the dough for what I need.

Fomogo......many thanks for the links. That second one has a listing for a stainless bung, using a Kelch thread. That means I can have a keg tank on my T-bucket, with a Kelch float gauge in the cap.:thumbsup:

Roger

Doc1976

Thank you, those are some of the ones I've been looking at too. But throw in almost $15 for shipping and I'm at $40 plus. I guess this is one of those times I'm out of touch with how pricey things have gotten these days. I guess if I want it to look right, I'll have to pay.

Thank you, those are some of the ones I've been looking at too. But throw in almost $15 for shipping and I'm at $40 plus. I guess this is one of those times I'm out of touch with how pricey things have gotten these days. I guess if I want it to look right, I'll have to pay.
Is there a small engine repair shop near you? Or a tractor repair shop? You could find an old rusty tank and cut one out... I am sure you have already considered this option but just incase. Almost any forward deck mower, like a Yazoo, has a cap on the gas and the hydraulic oil tanks like you need. Yazoo's are famous for rusty tanks too....

Doc1976

Is there a small engine repair shop near you? Or a tractor repair shop? You could find an old rusty tank and cut one out... I am sure you have already considered this option but just incase. Almost any forward deck mower, like a Yazoo, has a cap on the gas and the hydraulic oil tanks like you need. Yazoo's are famous for rusty tanks too....
That is a good option. Thanks again