Funny stuff in craigslist ads

I see some pretty outrageous claims, and people trying to sell run of the mill items for the price of a mint survivor at times as well.

Here's one that's been irritating for months now:
1969 TACO 22 minibike/pitbike

Advertising it as a Taco - it's NOT a Taco, although nicely done. I suspect the guy will have it forever.

There's been a few times I've felt like calling him up and breaking the news to him...

Last edited:
Here's a guy with the rarest Cat in existance:
vintage CAT minibike. rare breed of cat.modified briggs 3HP. FAST

"I have a pretty rare breed of minibike. This is a CAT minibike, but with FACTORY built fenders. I have talked to someone who worked for them and this was a one off minibike built for prototype. He told me that they were going to be produced with fenders , but the cost was too high. He said he remembers the details and explained the bike to KEY over the phone .

He explained this was to be the cat 300x prototype, but they axed the fenders and changed the bars before offered to the public.

THIS IS A 1 of 1 minibike. THE FENDERS ARE NOT AFTERMARKET . so to the know it all's if you come see it you will know they are factory .

It has a modified 3HP and will include another modified 3HP with 3/4" bore . This bike has a $100 racing noram clutch and is geared for top speed. It will hit 40 MPH plus with a 150lb rider.

The back wheel is a bonanza kidney bean wheel with a drum brake setup . I do have all original cat wheels with the stars included.

BADS the brake spring broke inside and the foot brake does not work. I snapped the spring myself so I know thats what it is .

I want $300 FOR HER .. THIS IS A STEAL FOR A 1 OFF VINTAGE MACHINE"

Maybe it's true? Maybe a member here? WHo knows, but I'm skeptical.

There was a clapped out Nanner chopper around here for a couple years on craigslist for $1000

I guess he finally gave up...or maybe found a sucker.

Here's a guy with the rarest Cat in existance:
vintage CAT minibike. rare breed of cat.modified briggs 3HP. FAST

"I have a pretty rare breed of minibike. This is a CAT minibike, but with FACTORY built fenders. I have talked to someone who worked for them and this was a one off minibike built for prototype. He told me that they were going to be produced with fenders , but the cost was too high. He said he remembers the details and explained the bike to KEY over the phone .

He explained this was to be the cat 300x prototype, but they axed the fenders and changed the bars before offered to the public.

THIS IS A 1 of 1 minibike. THE FENDERS ARE NOT AFTERMARKET . so to the know it all's if you come see it you will know they are factory .

It has a modified 3HP and will include another modified 3HP with 3/4" bore . This bike has a $100 racing noram clutch and is geared for top speed. It will hit 40 MPH plus with a 150lb rider.

The back wheel is a bonanza kidney bean wheel with a drum brake setup . I do have all original cat wheels with the stars included.

BADS the brake spring broke inside and the foot brake does not work. I snapped the spring myself so I know thats what it is .

I want $300 FOR HER .. THIS IS A STEAL FOR A 1 OFF VINTAGE MACHINE"

Maybe it's true? Maybe a member here? WHo knows, but I'm skeptical.
Seen that already.http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/ebay-craigslist/79151-1-1-ever-made-cat.html

Thats nothing..watch the idiots in the Detroit area. Wow are there alot of new experts and pots-o-gold popping up. It sad....cant fix stupid :no:

Never took the time to figure out how to post links.....just gonna have to look. But you will have plenty of chuckles if you do. $1200 clone DBs....to $800 cobbled up Ruttmans.

joshua. c.

i see mis represented and way overpriced bikes all the time. recently i saw a rupp roadster missing everything but the whees and fenders with a 5hp briggs funpower engine and a centrifugal clutch setup and he wants 399$ for it. fat chance. also another gie posted what he clamed to be a restored rupp. it wasn't a rupp, not even close and wasn't restored. the front forks were bent so bad the front wheel nearly toched the frame tubes. i shot him an email and told him so. he replied back in a pissy email saying everyone thinks they are an expert and that the forks were like that when he got it. he has since corrected the add. lol