Gas/Fuel Prices jumped

Holy :censure: gas here in Ohio was 3.57 a gallon yesterday and today its cool $4.00 a gallon WTF !!! A .43 cent raise over night ? How ? WHY ?

whats it like in other states ?

buckeye

It went up almost 20 cents as soon as the hurricane was headed for the gulf.
They evacuated all of the drilling platforms. Gives them a excuse to continue to ram it up our....

I remember when Dad bought me my first street bike a 71 Honda SL100, gas was .25 cents a gallon at the neighborhood Texaco and I laugh now he would sometimes have a gas war with the Enco around the corner going as low as .23 cents a gallon. when was the last time we had a real gas war. oh and I can't count how many times I had to push it after running out of gas even in the reserve tank - yeah quarters were hard to come by sometimes back than. :scooter:

Last edited:
When I was a kid in the 60's, I'd walk to the gas station up the street and 25 cents would just about fill my gallon can so I could fuel up the Lil Indian. I worked in a gas station when I was in high school in the mid-70s. Regular was 57 cents/gal. Even with the Arab oil embargo, shortages and long lines, none of us at the station believed it would ever top a buck because none of the pumps could be set higher than 99.9 cents/gal.

It's around $4.35-$4.50 a gallon for premium (91) here. I hate putting gas in my E55 since it only gets about 12mpg around town and requires premium.

At least I get to run 87 in my truck ('77 F250 4x4), but it gets a whopping 8ish mpg unloaded. I had close to 2 tons of concrete in the back of it last weekend and ran through 4.5 gallons of gas in less than 20 miles.

Last edited:

WrenchDad

$3.79 - $3.85 right now in PA. around the Pittsburgh area. It was $3.65 two days ago. Yesterdays news said it could go over $4.00 a gallon because of the Hurricane Knocking out refineries Like they needed an excuse!!!

Its ashamed that we have to worry about having money for gas. Its the single most expense we all have. All everyone would have to do is not go to a gas station for one day and there would be such a surplus that would force suppliers to lower the price. If anyone has the capability of making that happen, go for it.:shrug:

buckeye

The oil platforms were evacuated. No damage.
So,get them back to work. But then the refineries on land can't refine because they are flooded. So we get boned.
I will lay a bet. The quartely reports come out and I guarentee you, the companies will still have billions in profits. Bet ya!!

45t

I filled up Tuesday morning for 4.09/GAL because I heard on the news the night before they were saying gas would spike. When I went home Tuesday evening (the same day), gas was $4.32. :confused:

well it dropped back down to $3.91 today because the hurricane was not all it was cracked up to be :shrug:

But i tell ya what really bothers me about this is the fact they jump the price of fuel when holidays or a tragic event is taking place and then when it goes back down some everyone thinks they are getting a good deal at $3.59 a gallon.. $3.59 is NOT a good deal

Its ashamed that we have to worry about having money for gas. Its the single most expense we all have. All everyone would have to do is not go to a gas station for one day and there would be such a surplus that would force suppliers to lower the price. If anyone has the capability of making that happen, go for it.:shrug:
this was actually done last year, i cant remember who started it but it was done and it did work for a little while