Gas tank

There are some online articles about whitening up old plastic computer towers. From what I read, (never tried) the peroxide method (salon grade) seems to work the best among the other options like bleaching, and sanding and polishing.

Plenty of info via Google search.

Let me know how it works for you!
I sure will I’ll get the peroxide tomorrow and I figured on putting in spray bottle and getting to the shade I want that way...just took 00 steel wool to it and it actually looks pretty good but still a bit yellow for me...going to put on a white motor so a bit picky

I tried spray painting a Tecumseh plastic gas tank... was not happy with the results. Be nice if this peroxide method works. I’ll plaster a tank with dental whitening strips... LOL

Well going to call it a minor success....used straight peroxide 35 percent I did not make a paste....I first tried wrapping it in soaked rags....no good...then put peroxide in a spray bottle and wetted it down every so often while letting it bake in the sun....I got it to an acceptable shade and stopped....if I do another I’ll go to a beauty supply shop and get the 40 percent goop they sell....seems to be the way to do properly....

Just an opinion...I would spend the $ and get the stuff from the beauty supply shop that’s 40 percent cream(I think it’s used for bottle blondes)....it’ll work best and don’t forget the sunshine....

Just an opinion...I would spend the $ and get the stuff from the beauty supply shop that’s 40 percent cream(I think it’s used for bottle blondes)....it’ll work best and don’t forget the sunshine....
That's what all the on line instructions say as well. What percentage was your peroxide? The stuff in the brown bottle we keep in our homes is something like 3%.

I brought home 35 percent peroxide from work...but the issue was I tried liquid...lazy...never made a paste and there is a recipe using cornstarch or something similar ...I believe for a “great” outcome a paste is required....