GC160 Header pipe

Well, doing my first real engine mods. I really like this engein, even though its unsupported. Started fabbing up my header recently. heres what i got.

started with a couple these i bought from work, i manage an Oreilly auto parts. We sell them under the Primeline name.

each one comes with a flange thats almost spot on.

i just slotted the holes and it fits.

tacked on one of the pipes

then took the second one and made some bends, it will exit downwards at a 45* angle.

still plan on moving the bends futher up the headpipe but im waiting for my muffler to get here. Ordered an RLV silencer with billet clamp. Hope it sounds as good as everyone says. :hack::weld::grind:

ITSWILL

Not sure how valuable this information is but I recently looked up the stock cam for this engine and noticed that the GC190 has a different cam and I could only wonder if it is bigger. Might be something to look into if you are going to further modify the engine.

ITSWILL, that is great info! i will definately look into that.

Adrenaline, i am adding a support, made it tonight. Small L bracket that is attached to one of the clutch cover bolts.

Stangcr1, the header pipe will most likely be thermal coated when i send my turbo parts out.

David, yes its a homemade frame, and yes theyre shocker gussets lol.

here another pic, this one has just a pipe tack welded to the stock muffler.

Thanks!

Also picked up these goodies, Drop in K&N filter, and an auto lite racing plug. the GX racing plug fits the GC engines as well, theyre just 5/8 instead of a 13.16 hex.

I removed my stock airbox and used a clone filter and adapter on my bike. I had to drill another hole in the bottom of my adapter to match up with the GC carb, some type of vent I guess?

i thiught of doing that, but wasnt sure because of the strange sandwich plate thing that holds the fuel tank. Plus i just really like how clean this engine looks as it is. Ill most likely drill some hols in the top of the air box for better flow.

pretty much the finished product. welded up. have a stocker muffler on it for now need to have the rlv resized to fit the tubing. Sounds great with the mower muffler on it and even better with the RLV, i stuffed a small amount of steel wool in the RLV and its nice.