gc160

1. W

Honda GC160 prep for a Rupp Scrambler

Hi all, Does anyone have the details on what it takes to modify a Honda GC160 for a 1971 Rupp Scrambler? Thanks, Bill T
  2. D

MA. Project Clark Cyclops. Honda GC160 engine. Torque converter.

Newer build. Replaced jackshaft. Brake on left side. sprocket on right. new tubes with newer tires. new tank. Still needs rear brake cable. $500 or best offer.
  3. Fisher1983

Honda GC160???

I have a nice GC160 off of a power washer that had a dead head. Im not afraid of fabbing up a throttle for it, but Im concerned about the crank. It only has about 1 1/4 inches of useable shaft. If I were to use a stud, lock washers and Loctite, would that be acceptable? I really like this engine...
  4. jeep2003

Utility Bike from Scratch

Im building a Utility bike from scratch using a 5hp honda gc160 and torque converter. The tubing is all 1.25" mostly from a couple pressure washer frames. The frame will be rather intresting. The giant swingarm will hold the engine and everything and there will be a tray above the back wheel to...
  5. D

Question on GC160 torque converter

I am wondering if this 3/4" auto express torque converter will fit a Honda GC160 for minibike. COMET-TORQUE-CONVERTER-30-SERIES-GO-KART-KIT-CLUTCH-3-4-30-75-12T-35-10T-41/ It's on fleabay. I am assuming a straight Q shaft that's 3/4" but I will measure it before I order. Appreciate any...
  6. C

Honda GC160 - Carb gasket reassembly assistance needed

Hi all, I have a HONDA GC160 on a pressure washer. I want to get the carb put back on. Unfortunately when I took the air filter assembly off I took out the long bolts which dropped the plastic insulator and I cant find anything online as to where it needs to go back into the stack of items...
  7. N

Honda GC160 build

I recently traded for a GC160 that's missing a few things and thought i'd get it running again (Aparently that's all i can post?)
  8. jdblood202

Motovox with Honda GC160

Well, it's been awhile since I've been able to do anything mini-bike related. Been a crazy year, got out of the military, got married, moved, big changes. I did end up having to sell off the minibikes I had to pay for the move and stuff, finally getting re-started. Picked up a Motovox for 100...
  9. jdblood202

3/4" Clutch, Honda GC160 Crankshaft

Hey guys, does anybody have a used working 3/4" clutch they can part with for cheap? Also, I know this one is more random, but anyone have a crankshaft from a Honda GC160 motor long enough for a clutch? Just shoot me a PM, thanks!
  10. A

Help with re jetting GC160

I just re jetted my honda GC160 and it ran, but was not running good at all. I took off the air filter and ran it again and it still runs horribly, I put a 140 emulsion tube in with a .37 main jet in. I have no idea why it doesn't run correctly, I need some help
  11. Acolytus

Honda engine not starting

Well I'm still having problems with my Honda GC160 engine which was stored upside down on accident. Oil and gas the all over the engine, but it cleaned a good portion of it off and filled it up completely with oil and gas. Started and ran for 30 seconds while burning some oil and shut up when I...
  12. Acolytus

Honda GC160 not starting

Well the engine was hydro-locked with oil and I got all of it out finally. I put a new spark plug in since the other one was foul and it's not starting up. I filled it full with new oil and some gas but nothing. It still it's compression, but it has no attempt of turning over to start. At this...
  13. Acolytus

New Honda GC160 Engine

Well I picked up that motor off Craigslist earlier today and it runs great! Too big for the chopper, but still bought it since it was so nice.
  14. Acolytus

Honda GC160 Engine

Hey guys I am looking for an engine for my Manco Delta One Chopper and I came across this nice engine on Craigslist today. It's a 5 HP Honda GC160 OHC engine. I was wondering if it would be a good motor and if would be good on my chopper. Please let me know before I make a move tomorrow! Thanks...
  15. CJdoodlebug90

HELP!... honda GC160

I have a honda gx160 on a db but cant do anything until I find the size bolt that goes into the crankshaft to keep the clutch on. Ive been all ove4 the web and every parts store and no luck....******I need exact measurements******
  16. Dr. Shop Teacher

tuning GC160

Anybody have any hints on tuning a GC160. I'm having trouble getting it to idle without engaging the clutch.
  17. Dr. Shop Teacher

Gilson/MW jack shaft--professional opinion needed

My next big project is my 525, and I've tried to gauge the condition of the drive sprocket on the jack shaft. From the photos I've been able to find, I can't really judge what kind of shape mine is in. I think it is worn out, but need someone who has done these before to give an opinion. If bad...
  18. B

honda gc160 throttle set up

has anyone ever used this engine on a mini bike if so how do you set up the throttle linkage on the gc160. also do they make something to replace the high flow air filter like on the clones.
  19. jdblood202

Help with honda GC160

Alright, so I need some help. I'm hooking up a Honda GC160 on my bike, it ran perfectly before I hooked it up. The only "mods" are the header, air filter kit, and crankcase breather. I'm trying to hook up a different tank to eliminate the stock side tank and the fuel pump setup. However, when I...
  20. B

Looing for someone to make header for gc160

Looking for someone to make a header for my gc160 motor installed in a doodle bug. Thanks for the help in advanced!