Give me a brake

Need some ideas on correcting weak brake complaint. I have an Fox Sundowner that I installed (years ago) an Azusa Engineering model 2208 4 1/2 inch brake plate & drum. Very Weak brake action then & now. I have the brake arm positioned at a 90 degree angle & have adjusted out all the slack so that I have very firm lever pressure when pulled. Any suggestions? This is a recent fix up after the bike setting for 15 years.....with the predator engine, this thing runs like a scalded dog. I just cann't stop it!

I read some other posts & seems this Azusa brake plate isn't effective for anyone. Rest of story is that I put the old brake plate & drum back on not really remembering why I replaced it in first place. On test ride the brake was effective till rotary force overcame the stop. This increased brake force, locked the wheel then pulled the wheel out of alignment. I huffed & puffed & carried the bike home....haven't opened it up but now remember why I replaced in the 1st place. Looking from outside, the brakes may have cammed over & hopefully I haven't broken a shoe. I have an idea on different stop to keep plate from rotating.....if broken, any suggestions on replacement?

What has already been recommended in your OTHER (duplicate) thread- Install a clutch brake and stop screwing around with that crappy Azusa brake.
Michael

Is there any application for a clutch brake on a Comet TAV30 Torque Converter? My searching seems to show only for centrifical clutches.

Is there any application for a clutch brake on a Comet TAV30 Torque Converter? My searching seems to show only for centrifical clutches.
The clutch band brakes are only for centrifugal clutches. No one makes a band brake for a torque converter.
Can you post pictures of both sides of the rear wheel? Maybe you can put a disc brake set up on it. We need to see what you are working with though.
Danford1

Do you know how many bolts hold the drum to your rim? Do you know how far apart the bolts are?
It looks like you can bolt on a disc rotor and caliper. You will have to fab a bracket and possibly weld the bracket to the frame to hold the caliper.
Disc brakes work much better and a hydraulic disc kit is best. I know they sell them for pocket bikes but I personally never installed any.
Hopefully someone else here will chime in and come to your rescue.

Danfordf1