go kart big bear scrambler questions

hey guys its been a long time since last visit i have a few questions 1st where are the id numbers serial numbers located on a go kart big bear scrambler? i cant find any thing on mine and also mine has a motor mount that a MCcolloch fits right on came from original owner he said 1960 he worked for ala kart and any idea what the break lever looks like when i got it back in early 90s it had original seat wheels no engine or break lever any help? love them 2 strokes its MC 49 powered at the moment

slingshotcox
There were none stamped on the frame..
There would have been an ID sticker on the upper triple tree. with all the info your requesting..
As for the MCcolloch motor mounts I have never seen one with this configuration..
I'd love to see a few pix if possible. :thumbsup:

pics

i have a few pics on my page view my photos when i bought it the guy seid he got it from the manufacture i have always assumed it was go kart but who knows some gusets where welded to the frame i guess for support i am thinking of removing them at this point i have never spoken to anybody that has owned one just people that want it

big bear

hey bayreaburrito, could you take a pic of the clutch side of your red bike and tell me what kind of clutch set up is on their? i have that motor and would like to use it on a mini. thanks for your help!

hey bayreaburrito, could you take a pic of the clutch side of your red bike and tell me what kind of clutch set up is on their? i have that motor and would like to use it on a mini. thanks for your help!
motofast
I would if I owned the red scrambler..
Its owner is slingshotcox
:thumbsup:

JTG

Motofast, You really only have one choice when it comes to a clutch for a McCulloch engine and it's not cheap. You need to contact Jim Donovan at Max-Torque through email. He will build you a clutch based on your specifications. The information you need to give him is:
Type of shoe - Dry shoe
Right hand or left hand threads on your output shaft nut - ?
Inboard or Outboard configuration - ?
Tapered output shaft or straight output shaft - ?
Clutch engagement engagement rpm - 4000 to 4400 rpm
Chain size - 35 chain
Number of teeth on the clutch - ?

After you get this information together you can expect to pay about $ 200.00 If you decide to try your luck on ebay remember almost all of the McCulloch type clutches were originally set up for go karts with a much higher engagement rpm to carry the heavier load. And don't work well on mini bikes.