Go powersports idiots

Davis

So I ordered a mikuni 22 kit from them and knew I needed different jets as the kit says it comes with a #14 pilot that don’t exist it had a #15 and a #95 main so I ordered a kit that has #80-#130 mains and these idiots don’t tell you that they drill the main it comes with to a #130. So I’ve been trying to tune the stupid thing and ended up with a #110 where I’m at 6800ft elevation. I wish they would’ve told me that before hand.

Davis

No I didn’t know that but I’m lucky I didn’t damage my motor running it hard for a plug reading with a #80 jet in there after it being so rich with the supposed #95 in there that they drilled out.

Davis,
Quick question. Can the opening be determined by using a drill bit from any fractional, numbered, letter or metric sized drill index? It seems it would work to get you to within 0.001-2” of accuracy for any given hole. Then from there refer to the conversion chart to ID the jet #?
I haven’t toyed with jetting since the early 70s Hodaka era. Just a thought, hope this helps,
Steve

Davis

Yes I could’ve checked the size with a drill bit but figured a #95 was a #95 i figured it out after getting my ass kicked jeting. Then I called them and they told me that they pre drill the main jet labeled as a #95.

Maybe it's a new thing them drilling out the jet. I just compared the 95 jet that came in my GPS vm22 and it is much smaller than the 130 jet from nr racing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Davis

Is yours a real mikuni?
And yes I see the difference that’s what their 95 get looked like to a real 95 jet. I have no problem drilling jets I just feel they should tell you that they do that so you don’t baseline from a drilled 95 jet.

Last edited:
It's a chikuni, this was the kit they sold that came with the intake, filter and cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited: