Good and Bad

WLB

The good is I finished putting my race car back together today. That was one of the bigger jobs I needed to get done before I start back on my bike.

The bad is I can no longer get into my race car. During the time that it sat apart I have lost enough movement in my knees and hips that I just can't fold up enough to get through the window.

WLB

The car is a Monza Pro4. I bought the car complete and running but just had to take it apart and change some things. It has a very strong 2.5 engine. Ported head, roller rockers, roller cam, .625 lift cam (too much in my opinion) forged pistons, Crower rods, the stronger 2.5 crank, racing oil pan, 350 Holley carb, gear reduction starter. It also has a very nice roll cage. Good design and well executed.

I used the steel roof for a mold and made a fiberglass copy to reduce weight and came up with an insert system to adjust caster and camber. Original system was an offset control arm bushing that had to be removed and rotated to change settings. Not something you could do at the track. Also did routine maintenance such as replacing bushings and bearings, repairing the fiberglass hood, redoing some machine work on the hubs, and replacing the wheels and tires.

This car was to be an easily transported toy to take to the track when one of my more serious racing friends rents a track for testing. I would go in with them on the track rental fees and basically just play. In hindsight it was a foolish plan. At the time I bought this I was having trouble getting up and down and working under a car and yesterday's work (I saved all the ground level work till last) just ate me up. The only thing that doesn't hurt today is my head.

There are a couple of things I could do that might work for getting in the car but I think the smartest thing I could do at this point would be to sell the car and try not to do something so dumb again. Yea, I know, good luck with that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

if it werent for doing dumb things, we wouldnt get anywhere in life LOL

saw simpsons episode yesterday where homer told lisa to take dumb risks because it makes life worth it. i tend to agree sometimes!! :D

if it werent for doing dumb things, we wouldnt get anywhere in life LOL

saw simpsons episode yesterday where homer told lisa to take dumb risks because it makes life worth it. i tend to agree sometimes!! :D
I tend to agree with that and have lived my life to Gretzky's philosophy, "You miss all of the shots you don't take".

WLB- that is unfortunate but I would much rather see you continue progress on your minibike builds. :scooter: They have been an inspiration to me and a lesson to slow down and take my time while doing the setups/prefabs.

WLB

Thanks guys.

When it comes to motor vehicles I've probably taken more than my share of shots. Likely will continue to do so. There's no hope for me:laugh::laugh::laugh: