Good Briggs 4-Sale

I have this briggs 4 sale. It smokes, so It should be freshened up. Numbers 81302 017001 6509163 3/4 keyed and tapped. With 12 X 35 Max-Torque Clutch......Clutch works fine but its noisy.

This has a new electronic ignition, Head was milled and it has minor port work. For a little engine it runs extremely well. No disappointments, that's for sure. I think its standard bore, but I honestly don't remember.

(1)You will need a carb
(2)It smokes
(3)Clutch works fine but it's noisy

This was on a running bike a few weeks ago.

But if you need a little engine you can run it as-is you will just need a carb. This has been painted black so there is a good chance that it was used by a Amish women to travel from the house to the barn. But I'm not sure about that? I almost forgot. This still has the pneumatic governor hooked up in the shroud:thumbsup:
$40.00 or something fair? plus actual shipping from 17055 or your welcome to stop by and pick it up:smile: in Harrisburg, Pa

Last edited:
would you be willing to sell the engine without the clutch?
I honestly don't value the clutch at anything. So I'll just leave it on.
Shipping weight is 24 lbs 4 oz. from 17055 to 48192= $19.37 Parcel or $24.85 Priority.
So figure $50.00 to your door or $55.00 Priority... And you could throw a carb on it and GO. It smokes but it's not so bad that it fowls the plug. Just smokes. Runs strong. I have no reservation about selling it to a OldMiniBikes member. If you can use it my paypal is randyk72@verizon.net
If this is a father son project or if someone needs it for there kid let me know and I'll make a special deal.

how did u make it electronic ignition?
Briggs used to make a hall effects switch that just snaps to the coil. That's it. Just bypass the points. The shops used to install them at tune up time. You didnt even need to pull the flywheel.
I don't think there making them anymore? but I see them come up for sale now and then. They used to call it "Magnatron" :scooter:

Randy,
My 5 HP-206cc Briggs has Magnatron on the label. I was just ready to inquire OldMiniBikes what 'Magnatron" meant. I still don't know. What else can you tell me?
dandy lion (papahorn@chartermi.net)

the Magnatron removes the points and condensor, the really new ones are all in the coil and are not attached separately, they work off of the hall effect as randy said,

They work a hell of a lot better than the points!