Got Ropered into these last week

Picked up a couple Sears Ropers last Thursday . 1st one is a 2 speed model that runs . Missing chain guard , grab bar , front emblem plate and band brake set up {which I have ]. 2nd one is a Torque Converter model that was missing the driven jack shaft and brackets , the recoil and exhaust tip which I ordered from Karl. Also found a extra tank and seat { Mark G gets seat ]. Really nice survivor bikes which I love .

i plan on trying to acquire the missing parts to make them complete . Prefer originals , but do the best I can . I have sent a PM to AjaxMini about his chain guards . Hard to have one as nice as the Roper Mark G has .

Yes I picked them up there . The 2 speed was brought because we had a deal worked out prior to the swap meet . A friend of the same guy heard I was interested in that Roper and brought the other one to see if I was interested in it too . Same thing on the seat and tank . It is nice to have made these types of friends who know what I am looking for . I also brought some items for them too . There was not a lot mini bike related stuff this year . However I sold 4 running mini bikes in the 1st hour on Thursday morning and saw them being rode both days .

. Hard to have one as nice as the Roper Mark G has .
Thanks for the nice words Jeff but I can't take all the credit. I got the bike from Ironhonky, and Rick Chatten was nice enough to bring it back to WI for me. I just cleaned it up:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see those two in person:scooter:

JKautoFab

when i started sanding my roper tank down, someone at some point had tried to flame the tank, only they must have not had the bike because they did the flames backwards. I guess to a motorcycle guy, it would look like a tombstone tank and go the other direction....

that TAV cover looks huge compared to the cover i got from ajax. his covers are super nice if he has any left. it doesnt have the bulge for the TAV like yours does so will only cover a clutch. I just painted mine and will have some pics hopefully soon

I have a 1973 roper about 97% completed. Missing flywheel cover for original motor. Thinking about selling... Will have picks up tomarrow

The large cover is for the Torque Converter model . The cover Ajax has made are for the 2 speed and centrifical clutch models . Ajax is looking for one for me . Hope to see your pictures Jkautofab .

14536857_1424740270887913_2033851872_o.jpg 14599848_1424740267554580_1933345363_o.jpg

ask and ye shall receive lol

what i have so far. still working on rebuilding the forks. one side was broken almost all the way thru underneath the lower fork triple. I should sleeve it but im just going to weld it back to the triple...