got this today what is it

richs

I picked this up today its a little different than what I was told it might be its all original has a 173cc continental red seal with the lighting coil and a lugage rack on the back the lights are original with a tag bracket on the rear evan has the horn the tires are 6" original generals in good shape rhe thing has foot boards like a old harley kind of
more picturs in my photos what is it

Cool, it has a connie! I thought it was a clinton from the original Pic. We ran them on our 1/4 midgets. Is it not a Flea?

I still say it's a Flea. A 1961 or 1962. The frame has the little joggle in it by the motor plate, the seat,forks and wheels are Flea. They came with running boards,but I can't find a pic of one right now. They also came with a bunch of different engine combo's.

That is definitely a Flea! Not sure of the model. Could be an early Super Flea. Mine was about a "67 w/a teardrop tank but there are many similarities. Awesome find! am jealous.

I picked this up today its a little different than what I was told it might be its all original has a 173cc continental red seal with the lighting coil and a lugage rack on the back the lights are original with a tag bracket on the rear evan has the horn the tires are 6" original generals in good shape rhe thing has foot boards like a old harley kind of
more picturs in my photos what is it
It be a Flea/superflea here is a different 1965 superflea but Notice the rack and engine. Yours is probably a year or two earlier. VERY cool find!

It is a 63' Flea "Trail Scout." They came with a Clinton 4 cycle engine or without engine. It had that double sprocket so you can gear it high for the flats and switch to low for the hills. Looks like it has the optional rack. I have one too that I got from a member on here, except mine has the disc brake on the jackshaft. I also have the fiberglass chain guard and fenders. Id like to find someone who works with fiberglass to remake a set or two.

It is a 63' Flea "Trail Scout." They came with a Clinton 4 cycle engine or without engine. It had that double sprocket so you can gear it high for the flats and switch to low for the hills. Looks like it has the optional rack. I have one too that I got from a member on here, except mine has the disc brake on the jackshaft. I also have the fiberglass chain guard and fenders. Id like to find someone who works with fiberglass to remake a set or two.
It would be hard to say exactly what year it was unless it had a serial number on it that verified what year it was. People have changed alot of things on minibikes over the years and brochures are not accurate,that has been proven on the Taco and the Bonanza brochures.

In my opinion this is hands down the best find in a long time here on OldMiniBikes. Especially the fact that it was found on the east coast.:drool:

I can imagine this bike in Oregon, but not here. I told Rich that someone must have brought it along when they moved?
Super, Super Bike...:punk:

richs

thanks randy with that said alot of you guys helped me id it bigevileone2,doodlebugjr.mac,and GTO, gave me the most info and its hard to pick one over the other but I have to go with GTO with the add of the supper flea with the rear seat ? thanks for all the help :drinkup::drinkup:

richs

It a 1961 or 62 supper flea
the handle bar hight is 33"
the seat hight is 24"
its about 49" long
the tires are general 5.30 x 4.50 x 6
:punk: