governor on honda gc 190

You have convinced me to go generator and external regulator because of lower output and current control and designed to do that.

I was all set to go down the wrong path, thanks.

I'll start trying to find the generator and external regulator. Any suggestions about the generator to point toward a low output year or as low as I can go and still get one that can be rebuilt if necessary. The external regulator would have to be fairly available as well. Points will go bad eventually in the regulator.

Thanks again, great web site.

Bob Weis.

From a practical standpoint regulator repair and service was covered very well in tha Chrysler video.
There not much too it.....

How often are you intent on runnning this?
If its on an RV then its seasonaly.
I doubt you need worry about much.

Plan B involves the small alternator with the large external regulator in the photo.
This I think is a Denso part from Japan.
They work well and its much clloser to the range you want anyways.
Its always better to use an alternator or generator in the range you want anyhow.
And since this isa PM type alternator it does not have any of the issues that the delco CS does.
Ity can be turned as slow as you want as long as it puts out the poower you need.
Thats how I would set it up too.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-KUBOTA-P...1021906113?hash=item23299b68c1&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

SO you choose.
PLan A or B.

I like A because I like to fidle with things.
Plan B might be better for you because all the parts are modern and easy to get at the john deere dealer.

Last edited:
some of the GX parts fit the GC engine, i have the perfomance vlave springs, and advanced timing key installed in my GC190. I also hear the filter adapters can be used with a small modification.