governor removal on a briggs intek???

It wouldnt be hard,

Just tear out the guts, and put a direct link to the carb, and put a spring on it.
youd want to put the cable directly into a hole on the butterfly,

if you do you may want springs and a rod to prevent damage to the engine,

dont wanna float a valve or snap a rod, it doesnt cost too much

If ya need more help, ill be glad to help

also replace cam, since inteks have plastic cam. go with an animal or wf cam if you want to retain the pull starter, i would! as aftermarket cams make it hard to pull start

look dude we realy are here to help but please stop bringin the old threads back start one of your own and no not momentary but if float them to long it mite snap the fanastic plastic cam it mite cause a spring to break the piston could hit valve yada yada yada
man im glad i only run an mod flatys lol

Oldsalt

Does a momentary valve float hurt these motors?
The Intek valve springs are so weak that, in my humble opinion, there is just one excuse for them being that weak: So that the valves will float before the engine loses the piston or rod. I don't believe it will hurt a Inteck to float the valves useing the stock cam. But them there is no reason to be overstressing any engine.

I removed my governor on my intek 6 hp and the stock carb was not enough to push it much more than 4000rpms and then it starts jerking i had to put a 6.5 clone carb on it.You can jet the clone carb you cant with the intek carb. The governor is on the side cover and pulls of with needle nose plyers.