Grounding out!

6doggie3

Put a briggs 3hp in the frame bolted it down choke it fired right up! After I got the throttle hookup and the band brake all setup I took it off the lift put it on the ground pulled the rope nothing! Sprayed some starter fluid in the carb back fire? choke it nothing? Drank another beer ate some dinner called it a night! Got home from work check plug its clean so i hook it to coil wire pull good spark! put it back in nothing? So now I'm getting another motor ready fire that one up it's good! Now i pull the bad one out put it on the ground one pull it's fire's right up? Now I'm PISSED what did i do wrong? Is the band brake grounding it out?:shrug:

The only way your engine would "ground out" is if the wire from the coil used for shutting off the engine was touching the engine block or frame.

6doggie3

The only way your engine would "ground out" is if the wire from the coil used for shutting off the engine was touching the engine block or frame.
I figured it out ! The bolt that i was using for the band brake was a 1/2 in to long and 4 some reason would not allow it to start?:shrug:

Last edited: