GX 160 and MN B-105 Mega Moto

Hey everyone I was wondering if they sold any mounting engine plates for use on the MM-B105 so I could mount a GX-160? I found one but its slanted upwards on angle and it's used with a clutch converter which I aint gonna use. I heard that I might have to weld or cut holes? Also found a clutch online which is

• 3/4" Bore, 12 Tooth Centrifugal Clutch
  • 4 Feet, #35 Chain with 1 Master Link
  • Quality Aftermarket Part
Wondering if that will fit the original back sprocket at the tire?

Your bike uses #35 chain.

Adapter plate: https://www.gopowersports.com/fully-adjustable-motor-plate-small-block/

Clutch: https://www.gopowersports.com/12t-3-4-bore-max-torque-centrifugal-clutch-35/

Get a good quality clutch. Max Torque ones last. Be sure to oil the bushing, clutches require maintenance.

Chain: https://www.gopowersports.com/rlv-gold-on-black-35-chain-5ft-roll-xtreme-performance/

Stick with some good quality chain. The cheap Chinese stuff stretches and is... cheap.

Chain breaker: https://www.gopowersports.com/5-16-deluxe-chain-breaker-35/

It's OOS at GPS, but you can find them elsewhere. They are 100% worth the money and make dealing with chains easy.

If you want to mess with the gearing, they make sprocket adapters that use split sprockets. GPS and most other minibike/kart sites sell them.

Was wondering if that adapter plate was needed or can I just drill holes in the bottom and install the engine? Would it be even? Just keeping it stock no mods. Thanks

DaddyJohn

I like to cut the welds on the back of the engine plate, angle it up 3/8” or so, then weld in a spacer piece to fill the space created between the plate and the frame crossmember. This gives you the angle you need while keeping the engine low enough to use the stock gas tank. Saves some $$$ too, since you don’t have to buy the angle plate. You will have to drill new mounting holes for the larger engine.

Alright it looks like Im baxk to square one. I didnt realize that the Honda GX 160 was a cloned 160 on ebay. Anyone know of any decent engines for around 200 thats like 5hp or around that? I would go with the predator 212 but I dont want my daughter (10) doing wheelies into cars or crashing it. I would go with a clone but not sure how good those are?

Addicted 2 Minis

Alright it looks like Im baxk to square one. I didnt realize that the Honda GX 160 was a cloned 160 on ebay. Anyone know of any decent engines for around 200 thats like 5hp or around that? I would go with the predator 212 but I dont want my daughter (10) doing wheelies into cars or crashing it. I would go with a clone but not sure how good those are?
The GX120 and GX160 are great engines. I would search Facebook Market place for an old power washer that has a nice one before I would buy the clone. Not the clones are bad and it would probably last longer than your 10 year old daughters interest in the minibike but nothing beats a genuine Honda.

On all these honda clone style, predator engines, they all have a throttle stop screw. Just a simple Phillips screw driver adjustment to make it safe for a non experienced rider.
Clone 168 and 196 engines take the exact same parts as a honda gx 160 and gx200. Parts are super cheap and plentiful. Some 168's have a different crankshaft and won't accept a clutch or tav for a mini bike or go cart.

The GC160 or GC190 engine is another option. I put one in a MM80 once (from an old pressure washer), and it didn’t fit too badly. I had to heat the fuel tank up so that I could mold it around the frame a bit, but it wasn’t too big a deal.
Cool bike. Ill look for that engine too.

The GC160 or GC190 engine is another option. I put one in a MM80 once (from an old pressure washer), and it didn’t fit too badly. I had to heat the fuel tank up so that I could mold it around the frame a bit, but it wasn’t too big a deal.
Was wondering what clutch you used and chain? It shows its 7/8?

DaddyJohn

That surplus center engine might be worth a shot. It’s got the correct 3/4” shaft you’ll need for your clutch. If you get it, tell us how mounting it went. Pics if you can take some!

Minimichael

Sure does. The engine looks like it fits the frame well. You'll want a clutch or chain guard, btw. Road testing can tell you a lot, also. And if the chain is out of line, you'll hear it, and likely feel it, too. So slap that master link together and see how it pulls!

Last edited: