gx160 flywheel on gx200?

They say 4-5 deg advance,I just put one on my motor last night. Could not affrord a billet flywheel right now,so the next best thing I could think of would be a OEM Honda flywheel. I filled the the key 0.18 to give it 8 deg of timing, I here it is more 5 deg than 4 deg so that is what the filled came out to.

the gx160 fly is the same as the clone, or at least it is the same on mine. the gxv160 is the aluminum one that has the 4-5* advance built in.

i have a gx160 that i got from a guy after i got the head from him. i laid the flys one over the other, the keyways lined right up. the only difference i saw was the honda fly had balancing holes drilled, and the clone didn't (besides foundry marks).

i have a gx160 that i got from a guy after i got the head from him. i laid the flys one over the other, the keyways lined right up. the only difference i saw was the honda fly had balancing holes drilled, and the clone didn't (besides foundry marks).
Of course the keyways line up. You have to look at the magnets vs the keyways. If the keyways are lined up and the magnets arent, the timing is different.

the mags were aligned as were all other points. the keyways were still aligned. the next time i am into the engine, i will tape (measure) the screw to the fly. a guy on another forum was saying how thin the 8* key is, when i made mine, it was less than half way through the key. seeing the thickness of the gauges puts things into perspective, though the keyways were still aligned.

I know this is a reply to an old thread. But I just compared a 160 flywheel with my HF clone flywheel and the keyways and magnets all seem to line up perfectly.
bummer!