GX200/Clone dimensions?

Hey guys, new poster here. Ive been reading the forums for quite some time now. Anyway, I am in the process of drawing up a custom mini bike in 3d studio max just to get a idea of how I want to build my mini over the coarse of the next few months. In order to do this, i need to know the size of the Gx200 as my bike willl be clone powered simply for cost reasons. I have googled it a few times, and what I find I think are shipping crate size because i know the engine is not THAT big. If somebody with the engine, or similar would be so kind to give me a couple rough measurements ..that would make my week.

Alrite since this type of thing is fairly new to me. I will post a few more questions hoping for a answer also. I hope this is the right section of the forum for these questions. It looks like I am going to use the AZ10154 - 10" Steel Wheel w/Riveted #35 Sprockets & Drums-60 Tooth, 5/8" Bearing wheel on rear of the bike. With the drum brake I hope to fab up a pedal instead of hand controls. My questions though is for the front of the bike, is there a minibike wheel made that works with a disc brake? I do understand most of these bikes do not have front brakes...however I want to try something new. My original thought was to use 10 inches wheels off a scooter, which comes with disc in front and drum in the rear. The problem I for see with that, most of them bearings amd weldments would not be "off the shelf" requiring lots of custom parts...which I dont have the garage for. Again I could be wrong. Certainly wouldnt be the 1st time. I have not decided on gearing, I do believe I will use a jackshaft to make gear tuning a bit easier. I want the taller wheels mostly for aesthetics; big wheels..smaller bike..looks cool to me. Along with that the 10inch wheels allow me to use a scooter type road tyre, which most of my riding will be in parking lots..."craving corners." I will certainly post pictures of my design in 3d max once I get something close.

Any input you experts have would be great.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the epic long post.

Last edited:
couple design pics included.

Here we go a few renders of what I have so far. Of coarse I am far from an expert. Any tips would be a plus. No forks, or seat support just yet. Should give you an idea.

Harbor Freight: SKU 66015 specifications

Power Output 6.5 HP Gas Engine, EPA approved
Displacement / Stroke 196 cc; 4-stroke
Ignition Type Electronic ignition (T.C.I.)
Cooling System Forced air cooling
Idling Carburetor Adjust 1700 +/- 150 RPM
Valve clearance Cold engine – Intake: 0.15 +/- 0.02mm;
Exhaust: 0.20 +/- 0.02 mm
Maximum Power Output 4.8 KW @ 3600 RPM
Maximum Torque 11-N.M./2500-RPM
Distributor Timing Intake valve opening: BTDC 10 degrees;
Intake valve closing: ABDC 20 degrees
Bore and Stroke 68 x 54 mm
Spark Plug Type BP6ES, BPR6ES (NGK), or NHSPLD F6TC; 0.7~0.8 mm clearance
Gasoline Type Unleaded
Gasoline Tank Capacity 0.93 gallon (3.5 liters)
Drive Shaft Type Horizontal, ¾” straight, (3/16”) keyed shaft with ball bearings. Direction:
counterclockwise (facing shaft); Length: 2-1/4”; Central thread: 5/16”-24
Start Type Recoil
Speed 3600 RPM
Oil Capacity and Type 0.528 quart (0.5 liters); SAE 10W30 (in freezing weather use 5W30)
Engine Mounting Square pattern, 4 holes; 8.0-1.25 mm threads
Weight 33.8 lbs.
Overall Dimensions 12-3/4” L x 14” W x 10-1/4” H
Recommended Applications To drive: pump, sprayer, tiller, chipper, shredder, log splitter
Features Low oil shutdown, automatic
Longer engine life with bearing supported shaft
Meets EPA certification (2008)
Fuel shutoff valve

I am putting a gx200 clone in a taco mini right now, sitting on the bench with the tank and stock exhaust/airbox off the engine measures 15" long, 12" wide, and ~10" tall...

As for your bike when you get ready to build it i run a machine shop and specialize in waterjet cutting, i do a lot of parts by mail for my customers, they Email me CAD/DXF files or renderings of their parts and what thickness and type of materials they need and i will quote, cut, and ship them out.... It's very economical, and saves tons of time fabricating, not to mention the parts come out to exact tolerances and look awesome and professional.

Oh man, sounds like a great deal to me. I am going to assume you work on Aluminum? Go ahead and PM me your contact info. I have nothing ready right this moment, but I will in the near future.