gx200 coil

I would suggest putting another coil on if you have one laying around.. what tach are you using ? If you don't have good results. I would first contact ambush and ask if they have experienced this .. next I would pull the whole thing apart and check my bottom end .. something just don't sound right

It should not sound like it is screaming at 4000 rpm are you sure your tach is not reading half the rpm?
Well I regaped the coil at .040 new plug ngk bpr6es idles at 2000 fine will not go past 4000. Tach got from a northern store seems to be fine.i have a hemi predator coil around will that work on the gx200. Iam off work tomorrow if coil doesn't work iam going to tear her down again.thanks guys

I have had numerous Honda coils go bad... They act as a rev limiter...
Usually at 6000rpm... Depending on the gap of the coil to flywheel... The farther away the lower the rpm...

I have also had the magnets go bad in several flywheels... Also act as a rev limiter...

I have had numerous Honda coils go bad... They act as a rev limiter...
Usually at 6000rpm... Depending on the gap of the coil to flywheel... The farther away the lower the rpm...

I have also had the magnets go bad in several flywheels... Also act as a rev limiter...
Well it rained all day here in va tomarrow iam going to try the hemi coil and go from there. Thanks alot. Will let you guys know as soon I find the problem.