H35 from random parts

markus

Took best of what was there from this pile and made a late 71-74 style (made the tag as an early 72) H35. Not too bad it technically should have a differently clocked recoil but other than that we got it pretty good. Did end up with a good internal short block so after the standard valve job, resurfacing of mating surfaces and journals and bores, and rebuilding an original carb it shaped up nicely! IMG_4008.jpeg IMG_4040.jpeg IMG_4074.jpeg IMG_4076.jpeg IMG_4084.jpeg IMG_4158.jpeg IMG_4161.jpeg IMG_4169.jpeg IMG_4167.jpeg IMG_4168.jpeg IMG_4166.jpeg C4F8A5C7-D2BE-4FD0-BC37-DA86E15570F6.jpeg

markus

@Taco Loco Joe VHT header paint, I had to run that one on the belt sander for awhile to try and get as much rust off that I could without weakening it to much first. Then into the blast cabinet, blow it off and straight to paint, no stopping. I found doing it that way would hold up the longest with that spray bomb header paint when I built my Baja many years ago, still wore off and rusted over time (that car got really abused in the mud when it was not show season, and driven daily rain or shine) If I didn't blast it right before It would burn off in like a month on the buggy. MVC-014F.JPG

Of course it was no match for the "upgade" to supertrapp and Ceramic version when I built another engine for it :cool:

MVC-001S (3).JPG