H35 runs out of power top end

I have a h35 that seems to run out of pulling power once it reaches like 10-15mph. It feels like it just dies and then once speed comes down it has power again. Can't seem to keep it pulling. Any ideas? Thanks

capguncowboy

Could that also be caused by the intake valve opening a little late? Have you checked the gap on your valves? I think they're supposed to be between .06 and .08

Might be the governor, I've seen it move back and forth sometimes. It has real good take off power. I will have to look closer. How do you go about adjusting the governor?

Might be the governor, I've seen it move back and forth sometimes. It has real good take off power. I will have to look closer. How do you go about adjusting the governor?
Trouble shoot a bit ... try this ... attach a small piece of wire or string to the plate at the top of the butterfly shaft on the top of the carb (what the heck is the name of that thing?) ... the part that turns when you twist the throttle ... when going and the bike "run out of pulling power" then pull on the string/wire to make it turn like you are twisting the throttle ... if its a governor issue you will have effectively bypassed the governor.
*note* this is only a diagnostic tool, do not run without the governor or it is likely you will blow a rod* .... ask me how I know ....

From the book: With the engine stopped, loosen the screw holding the governor clamp on the governor lever. Rotate the clamp
in a direction that will force the throttle shaft open and allow the governor follower arm to rest on the governor spool. Push the governor lever connected to the throttle to the wide open throttle position. Hold the lever and clamp in this position while tightening the screw.

Another way to remember: Full throttle, and move Gov shaft to the right. Arm will be where it is depending on throttle arm (wire) and spring. Try two or three holes down from the top on the spring.

Ok I got on it and manually pushed the governor lever to the right and it kept going without power loss. Right now the linkage is at the bottom of 3 positions. Then top of governor connects to the butterfly on the carb. Is it maybe that the throttle is not pulling the governor enough??

image.jpg
Here is how it's hooked up. If I manually push this lever to the right. It runs perfect. I'm thinking the throttle is not pulling the lever as much as it should.