haha, short video of me on my Cat

i wasn't going balls out and the bike trail is almost as bad as the gravel (holes or turning at speed, your choice).

i used to hit 70+ coming up that stretch on my YZ490 (one friend hit 74mph on my YZ, friend's Buell M2 would only do 75ish and it had exhaust, cams and carb). my YZ would spin the rear tire when it hit the gravel in 4th. big bore 2 strokes are monsters. there is probably a little over 1/8 of a mile of pavement before it hits 300+ feet of gravel. trying to slow down a Buell at 75mph on gravel isn't fun. liquid courage helps a lot when pulling that off. these speeds were all done with GPS.

here's a pic of how i usually looked with the YZ490. it was a motherhahahahaer to get started.

Last edited:
Man I had a 1984 yz490 back when I was in high school, you are not kidding about starting, I use to have to pull start mine. Man and talk about hard to keep the front end on the ground, I was only 165 lbs back then.

Strigoi, your public pic, is that the pic of the guy that was holding a blasting cap in his mouth?? strange question i know.