Half Choked !

I have played with clones for a while now but , have never used a muki,tillson or any of those needle type carb. i have alway drilled jets or went with gx390 carb.jetting original carb has hesitation to it and gx390 carb must be run with some choke even after minutes of playing with mix screw. for all those who run these motor,what im i missing,must i upgrade to needle type carb to get all that gx200 has to offer, without playing with cams, larger valves, and head work i just want to run mine with stock like apperance, no gov, billet rod and straight pipe.

well, I've never had one myself.. But I've heard story after story of "won't run off 1/2 choke" THEN a guy posted a pic of one of those cheap china goofy looking far too complicated far too imperfect looking nightmare of a carburetors..... and I studied it for a while, and best I could come up with is... I think I would remove the entire carb from the motor, maybe look it over real well and study all the little screws and stuff..... THEN I would set it on say like a concrete floor or possibly good solid steel work table.. Then :hammer: it into about a million pieces because they look like total garbage to me. :lol: I would upgrade too I think..