Handlebar Clamps

2SlickNick

I have a set that came off a 70's -80's huffy bicycle. I was saving them for a build but if you need them we could probably make a trade. P.m. me your phone number and I could send you pics. I am almost 90% sure they are 7/8" and I will doublecheck

2SlickNick

I guess I should not be a betting man, they're actually 1 inch and a bar clamps. The handlebars of 7/8 inchand have a spacer between them.
Sorry.

markus

Man I hope you have better luck than I did, I had to buy an entire Aggie 98 beater bike (told the guy to keep the engine to reduce weight) and have it shipped in from Texas to get a set of those after coming up empty for months!!! :doah: The Bonanza clamps are not much larger and they will do in a pinch of your using it for KOL/Mickey. Still noticeable they are not the right ones though due to them being flat. I have only ever seen them on the KOL/Mickey bikes :shrug:

Hounddog

Thanks Guys! I got another Aggie 97, but it is missing the original clamps....I think you are right Markus, i have also only seen them on Mickey Bikes, KOL's and Aggies. They look like they would be easy to make, just an aluminum casting? I am still looking...Thanks..

Thanks Guys! I got another Aggie 97, but it is missing the original clamps....I think you are right Markus, i have also only seen them on Mickey Bikes, KOL's and Aggies. They look like they would be easy to make, just an aluminum casting? I am still looking...Thanks..
10-4 , good luck with your search !!

markus

Yea, seems like only the KOL's and they are cast. the Top plate has zilch for room as they have to be far back to clear the lowers when they come up when compressed, and they have to be thin to give enough room for the headtube bolt. I even added some material to mine by welding up the back edge of the plate and reshaping it a little because the drilled holes for the clamps were right on the edge.

Not a great shot but here's a comparison of the KOL clamp to the Bonanza, really about the same size-could maybe even shape the top if you were really good (I'm not :laugh:). I still have not installed them, I am going change them out when I pull the forks and probably redo the paint when I get the revised decal done so I can just do it all in one shot.