Harbor Freight discontinue 6.5 clone

Needed to get a 6.5 motor for my sons birthday. Harbor freight has discontinued the blue 6.5 clones. Called 3 stores in Dallas. No more 6.5 hp engines.
Other options or good deals?

Don't want the new harbor freight engine for $149. Would like to find one of the blue 6.5 clones.

Last edited:
WOW...you haven't been on here lately if you are just hearing that.:laugh: There are about 20 threads about that topic. Best bet is to wait a few if you can and the prices on the new 7hp will be under 100bucks again. Cause now people are trying to get silly prices cause they are dicontinued. Or do what Neck did..find some on Craigslist. Good luck in your search.:thumbsup:

Heard about it. Called local stores to see if any left over. The question in this thread is about finding a deal on new engine. But I'm sure because of the title in the thread, people will come in and ruin this thread ( masturbators lol)
Thanks for answering the question; I did see that they have lowered the price on the 7 hp to 149.
Just need to find a coupon.
WOW...you haven't been on here lately if you are just hearing that.:laugh: There are about 20 threads about that topic. Best bet is to wait a few if you can and the prices on the new 7hp will be under 100bucks again. Cause now people are trying to get silly prices cause they are dicontinued. Or do what Neck did..find some on Craigslist. Good luck in your search.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wasn't tryin to muck it up.:doah: Seriously Neck found like 5 almost brand new motors from a guy on Craigslist. And I have seen some on my local list for under 100 bucks and they are still in the unopen boxes...just sayin. And there have already been reports of the new 7hp for 109bucks. And if you are looking for one from a forum member...post in the wanted section. So again..good luck.

Some of the kart shops have Yellow Clones intended for racing.

These are generaly better built than the old utility engine clones but cost a little more....

Look for clones that are marketed specificly for the BSP races ( box stock project )