Harbor Freight Ghost Engine

I do know that it was bolted to the engine when it was shipped. Everything fits, it has the correct manifold and jetting, cost me nothing and nobody has ever proven to me that a slide carb is worth the expense and tuning hassles just to get it to perform as well as a stock type carb. Just my opinion after working on these things for 50 years.

Why not? Care to elaborate other than "I don't use"?

Do the Hauyi carbs actually perform better than a Mikuni?
There's nothing special about the hauyi carbs, they are jus stock bore .580"-.590" run of the mill clone carbs.

The 1 on the Ducar 224 has a black block so you can't turn the low speed mix, no big deal it may even pop off.

I run this carb, from this seller, he sends extra jets for you. it is a no BS carb, and works very well. You will notice a huge improvement over a stock bore carb.

Run the stock air box and filter and you dont have to worry about knocking the filter off.

I even ran it on my predator 224 bak when it was till governored.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1339271427...bfwvmiqrr-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

20231001_123235.jpg
I'm really liking the "tuck and run" throttle kit. It'll make changing out engines easy.

Its got adjustments for the throttle rod to get a longer twist outta the grip.

I jus wished they included the throttle rod with it. I had an old 1, but that's not the point.
20231001_123642.jpg 20231001_123714.jpg

I was swapping the carb on the Ducar 224 last night and noticed the isolator plate has already been opened a bit. Makes gasket matching easier.
Thanks Ducar or Dyno Cams!!!!

The gaskets that comes with the .675" bored SA carb from RPQ, are a perfect fit, and needs NO GASKET MATCHING.

20231014_160854.jpg
20231014_160904.jpg 20231014_161011.jpg 20231014_144041.jpg 20231014_150710.jpg

They're using a .026" pilot jet? Interesting. What's the .021" pick?
Idk what that .021" pick is.
I keep forgetting to ask him about that.

It's definitely got a different sound, yanks up ouuta the hole like it's mad at the world, lol.

I made a short vid right after I started it. It's a nasty, nasty lil carb.

I got 3000 rpm stall springs in the driver, you can see, it never got that high jus flicking the throttle with no load.

Post in thread 'Help with predator 224' https://www.diygokarts.com/community/threads/help-with-predator-224.47924/post-603665

Gatecrasher

If their store policy has changed, let us know, but their coupons have historically excluded a lot of the big items like power tools, welders and engines and various other things.
They told me as long as the coupon says "No Exclusions" it can be used for anything including engines. After reading the responses to this thread though I used it to buy a pallet jack. It normally lists for $399. I got it for $300.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mater...es/pallet-jacks/25-ton-pallet-jack-58293.html

Harquebus

Again, Brown Stain's info about the Ducar engine is super informative in what was originally an inquiry about the Ghost 212. You might call it a strategic thread hijack but it's an effort to put out a good alternative product. I'm sold.

No more Harbor Freight for me...unless they go to $99.99 again. :D

Again, Brown Stain's info about the Ducar engine is super informative in what was originally an inquiry about the Ghost 212. You might call it a strategic thread hijack but it's an effort to put out a good alternative product. I'm sold.

No more Harbor Freight for me...unless they go to $99.99 again. :D
Yeah, when he hijacks a thread, he doesn't mess around. All of his posts in this thread should be moved to a new thread but there seems to be no moderation on here these days and @Hent hasn't been logged in in over three months (hover over his username and see "Last seen" date, July 14 as I post this). To be fair, someone is deleting reported SPAM threads but, other than that, things are pretty messed up. I, for one, am really tired of so many threads being posted in subforums other than where they should be. This thread, for example, should have been posted in Honda / Clone / Predator. It sometimes seems like there are more engine threads posted in Minibike Discussion than in the engine subforums...

Yeah, when he hijacks a thread, he doesn't mess around. All of his posts in this thread should be moved to a new thread but there seems to be no moderation on here these days and @Hent hasn't been logged in in over three months (hover over his username and see "Last seen" date, July 14 as I post this). To be fair, someone is deleting reported SPAM threads but, other than that, things are pretty messed up. I, for one, am really tired of so many threads being posted in subforums other than where they should be. This thread, for example, should have been posted in Honda / Clone / Predator. It sometimes seems like there are more engine threads posted in Minibike Discussion than in the engine subforums...
Sorry, It won't happen again.

Last edited:

Harquebus

It was my thread. I get to say if you can hijack it or not.
You also get to decide IF it was, in fact, a hijack or not. You simply asked if the Ghost + coupon was a good deal in post #1 and someone answered with another deal at a better price. You weren't asking people to talk about the Ghost and only the Ghost.

I was only teasing about the hijack and ironically, your username is pretty funny.